Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
Ruffus

Talking I hate rv spa day!

One of the days that I hate the most is when Moby Dick gets it's bath. 6.5 hours of purr heck in this humidity and heat. If washing it isn't bad enough, the DW spotted mold on the rubber borders that runs along the entire length of the whale, so here comes the tooth brush, assume cleaner, kaboom and ajax along with a little scrubber, "HELP ME PLEASE"!
Then she pointed out that the outside surfaces are looking a little dull, you know what's coming next, Wax On, Wax Off! It's going to have to wait because our next hosting job starts Tuesday, so maybe it will be cooler in a couple weeks, I can only hope! The only reason we aren't doing it today is the DW tryed to take out the fifth wheel pin with her head. I've told her everytime I hit an unprotected corner of a slide it's because I had a hat on, she won't be doing that again.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
game warden

Ruffus,
I am all in with you on that ! started at 9 A.M. sharp today and just finished at 6 P.M. man am I BEAT. The 303TG got lot`s of love today starting with the roof then the dressing on the roof after that then the dreaded black streaks and then wash ...no wax today saving myself for that another day. 2 showers and 2 sets of cloths. Wish the RV fairy would just come take care of it. I must say it looks like the day i drove off the lot with her last August.
game warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Ron

Well I use to wash the 5ver and the Freightliner after every weekend camping, then put it back in the shop, that's when we had a 30' 5ver, now at 41' I am having a difficult time justifying that process, Lord why did I go so big Happy Campin..............Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Ruffus & Game Warden -
To avoid such long hours of back-breaking washing and polishing your 30ft plus RV's, you should know that there is an RV fairy........ she is is disguised as your wife, aka DW. You just have to know and say the magic words to her and she'll be working along side of you.

The time that it takes to wash and wax an RV is directly proportional to its length. Didn't they teach you that in Math and Physics in school? Next time you are shopping for a new RV, get a shorter one! Listen to Ron's advice..."shoulda got a smaller one".....
Old 09-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
smiller

What is this thing you call... wash?
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
That's what Mother Nature calls RAIN.

And Festus2, Last time I asked the DW to help wash the Cougar She hit me with the wash brush.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
JohnK

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Haha...I'm with you brother!! Get rid of the black streaks and let mother nature take care of the rest...
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
Ruffus

Talking Clouded Mind

Okay Richard, all that math and physics clouded your vision. The wife was out there but she was using a tooth brush and I was using the big brush until she decided to try to bend the fifth wheel pin with her head, now it's my fault. Hank, I usely let the rain do it here, but down South in these parts we have a critter called a "love bug" which swarms in May and September. They were brought here from a foreign country to eat mosquitos, what a joke, all they eat is paint if you leave them on your vehicle. And Game Warden, two showers and 2 change of clothes, you have humidity up there too. I am looking to down size this coming year, don't need this big of unit now that we are not fulltiming.
Live and learn, live and learn!
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Hank, I usely let the rain do it here, but down South in these parts we have a critter called a "love bug" which swarms in May and September. They were brought here from a foreign country to eat mosquitos, what a joke, all they eat is paint if you leave them on your vehicle.
I didn't think you had any of those left. I thought I brought them all home on the front of my Cougar last spring. I thought they might breed with the Gypsy Moths and Stink Bugs to create some "Super Bug" that we could send back overseas.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
f6bits

It’s been 90+ degrees here most every day. I don’t see how people can get out there in the summer and wash their trailer. First, it’s just too hot. Second, I get too many water spots from evaporation. Third, too hot to wax.

I’m waiting until Fall.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6bits View Post
It’s been 90+ degrees here most every day. I don’t see how people can get out there in the summer and wash their trailer. First, it’s just too hot. Second, I get too many water spots from evaporation. Third, too hot to wax.

I’m waiting until Fall.
You convinced me ... Thanks, Hank