Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2022, 01:07 PM   #1
sledz

No Ladder on 2022 Cougar 24SABWE

The sales person said they were omitting the ladders to save money, the tech said there was a shortage. Either way I went to pick up my camper and it didn't have a ladder. Called Keystone and they said they could not see where the ladder was omitted from the order but was not sure why. What a bunch of doublespeak!
Anyone else have this happen? Now I have to order one in and install it..
sledz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

You should have a copy of the order that the dealer sent to Keystone. If the ladder is standard and it was not omitted on the order then I think the dealer should go to bat with Keystone to get them to "pont up". Now, with said, the fineprint with Keystone states they can make changes on the line. The unfortunate truth is, in my thinking, if you intend to actually use a ladder go get something better than the flimsy OEM or use a stand alone collapsing ladder.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 01:24 PM   #3
Laredo Tugger

Not sure of which model camper you have but I have read on these forums about campers that have no ladder because the roof structure is not designed to be walked on.
Maybe that's the reason the ladder is not installed.
Like I said, I am not familiar enough with all of the Keystone inventory to know if the above applies to your trailer.
Just might explain why there is no ladder.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 01:36 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
Not sure of which model camper you have but I have read on these forums about campers that have no ladder because the roof structure is not designed to be walked on.
Maybe that's the reason the ladder is not installed.
Like I said, I am not familiar enough with all of the Keystone inventory to know if the above applies to your trailer.
Just might explain why there is no ladder.
RMc
He said he had a 2022 Cougar 24SABWE - save one on rvtrader.com and it had no ladder either.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...BWE-5019824051
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 01:50 PM   #5
sledz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
He said he had a 2022 Cougar 24SABWE - save one on rvtrader.com and it had no ladder either.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...BWE-5019824051
Looks like the whole line of Cougars don't have a ladder. hmmm. Glad I'm not the lone ranger and should have thought about looking them up after the sale. Glad you pointed that one out because I paid considerably less a month ago WOW!
Its just handy to have to clean off the roof out in camp vs. waiting till I get home.
Also in my paperwork and the option list there is no mention of a ladder so you get what you get..
sledz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 01:52 PM   #6
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledz View Post
Looks like the whole line of Cougars don't have a ladder. hmmm. Glad I'm not the lone ranger and should have thought about looking them up after the sale. Glad you pointed that one out because I paid considerably less a month ago WOW!
Its just handy to have to clean off the roof out in camp vs. waiting till I get home.
I won’t use my ladder. They are flimsy..I have a harbor freight telescoping ladder. It’s great

Tags
cougar, ladder