Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2022, 10:14 AM   #1
Bustinbeards

Cheap Easy Surround sound

We like to watch movies and I like good audio. I noticed the audio on the furrion tv was lacking, so I purchased a Vizio 2.1 sound bar with subwoofer during Black Friday for 69$. I finally got around to installing it this past weekend. And boy it really changes the movie viewing and general tv audio tremendously for such a small package.

We have a 32” tv The sound bar tucks under and behind the tv into the little tv cubby and almost disappears from view. It is actually behind and just below the bottom of the tv. Each end of the sound bar just tucks behind the sides of tv cubby lip 1/4” which perfectly secured it and holds it in place where it won’t move.

The system has a 4.5” Bluetooth subwoofer that is about 7”x7” cube. It connects to the sound bar wirelessly and provides ample low end and is not loud outside the camper. I plugged it in either in the back bedroom or the bathroom outlet.

This little system is almost invisible and provides some high quality surround in the camper. In my opinion good sound can make a movie and It has improved the movie viewing experience quite a bit. It can also act as a Bluetooth speaker when connected with your phone.

So If anyone is looking for a cheap and easy surround system for your camper that is small, light weight and sounds great this one definitely fits the bill

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-2-1...n-J6/589034744
Bustinbeards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:41 PM   #2
jsb5717

I'm with you. I did the same thing with a different brand of bar and bass. Net result is the same. Far better sound and bypasses the lame Furrion sound system.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:49 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustinbeards View Post
We like to watch movies and I like good audio. I noticed the audio on the furrion tv was lacking, so I purchased a Vizio 2.1 sound bar with subwoofer during Black Friday for 69$. I finally got around to installing it this past weekend. And boy it really changes the movie viewing and general tv audio tremendously for such a small package.

We have a 32” tv The sound bar tucks under and behind the tv into the little tv cubby and almost disappears from view. It is actually behind and just below the bottom of the tv. Each end of the sound bar just tucks behind the sides of tv cubby lip 1/4” which perfectly secured it and holds it in place where it won’t move.

The system has a 4.5” Bluetooth subwoofer that is about 7”x7” cube. It connects to the sound bar wirelessly and provides ample low end and is not loud outside the camper. I plugged it in either in the back bedroom or the bathroom.

This little system is almost invisible and provides some high quality surround in the camper. In my opinion good sound can make a movie and It has improved the movie viewing experience quite a bit. It can also act as a Bluetooth speaker when connected with your phone.

So If anyone is looking for a cheap and easy surround system for your camper that is small, light weight and sounds great this one definitely fits the bill

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-2-1...n-J6/589034744
I put a sound bar in my camper for the same reason. I have a 32" walmart-bought television and the sound can't compete with the air conditioning and isn't very good even with the A/C off. Mine is also mounted under the television which is on an articulating mount so it can be pulled out and swiveled toward out recliners.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:52 PM   #4
Mikendebbie

I bought a Bose Solo sound bar several years ago form Sams for our previous 2017 Laredo 330RL and I moved it to the Montana mounted behind the TV. It sounds great. The Furrion speakers are still used for the radio…and I added a car antenna from Walmart mounted behind the TV so the radio would pick up some stations. Reception is still poor but poor is better than zero.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:41 AM   #5
Ram Nation

The Furrion DV3100 works pretty good in our Alpine once i figured out how to adjust it for max sound. No complaint from me.
Old 02-15-2022, 06:40 AM   #6
dutchmensport

We purchased a Bose sound bar several years ago (3 trailers ago) and used it successfully in the camper. We eventually switched televisions in the house and the sound quality just wasn't wasn't all that great any more. So we decided to get another sound bar for the house.

To make a long story short, we ended up flipping the sound bars around. Those Bose in the camper ended up in the house, and the new one we bought for the house ended up in the camper. This arrangement, the quality of the sound bar itself, and the space and size of the room resulted in the switch. Both are absolutely great now.

And oh ... that Bose? At the time cost us over $1000 for it. That new one we got from Best Buy? Less than $100. And I think it actually does a better job than the Bose. Technology has improved as prices have come down.