Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2021, 09:53 PM   #1
freddy

yeah, the dump valves

newbie here. just bought a used 2007 raptor rp3712

there is a reference in the owners manual to a page 6-2 for plumbing.

the question since there is no 6-2: is there an additional supplement that has schematics and piping/hook up diagrams that accompanied the original owners manual, perhaps more specific to the particular model?

by the way, thanks for the info. damned if i could find it. :-)

freddy
freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 04:57 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

There are jo schematics, Keystone regards them as proprietary. What information exactly are you looking for? The title suggest you may be looking for the location of the dump valves for the waste water tanks?
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 05:04 AM   #3
Texas Steve

Keystone does not provide schematics to the public. Even if they did, they could vary from one unit to another. What specific information are you trying to get? Your title said something about dump valves. Are you looking for info on location, how to hook up for dumping tanks,...? Please specify what your looking for. There are very knowledgeable folks on this forum that can help.
Texas Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 07:01 AM   #4
travelin texans

When you log on next time go to the "user CP" in the header bar, scroll down to "edit signature" add your model, make & year of you rv & tow vehicle then "save changes" at the bottom. This will greatly assist others when you ask future questions.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:12 AM   #5
freddy

being retired construction, i like to know where things are and how they work. i looked for about 15 mins trying to find the dump valves. not sure how providing the location of the dump valves would be a proprietary situation.

the thread answered the question though and thanks for that. everything will probably be a discovery as i learn how the thing is put together.

thanks,
freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:31 AM   #6
Canonman

FWIW, there are some videos on the Keystone web page that show some of the construction of different units at the factory. Pretty generic but may help.
Here's an example:
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 12:41 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
being retired construction, i like to know where things are and how they work. i looked for about 15 mins trying to find the dump valves. not sure how providing the location of the dump valves would be a proprietary situation.

the thread answered the question though and thanks for that. everything will probably be a discovery as i learn how the thing is put together.

thanks,

With a 14 year old Raptor I figure most of the things you learn/find will be by "discovery". In that amount of time with previous owners I figure there are plenty of changes that need to be discovered if the previous owner did not cover that with you. Even folks with brand new trailers go through that "discovery" stage when they try to find/fix all the little things. Dump handles are a very good example. Look, crawl underneath and take a flashlight. Some folks go for days looking for them.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 01:09 PM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:

thanks,
Don't expect many similarities between S&B construction and RV assembly, you'll just get frustrated and be dissapointed if you do. There can be 2 identical models on the assembly line and the plumbing and electrical system may differ.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #9
wiredgeorge

Freddy, Keystone put together an "owner's manual" that covers most all the campers sold in 2007. There is no schematic or plan anywhere on the planet. I have a 2002 Cougar and know where my plumbing is because I have crawled under my camper and scouted scouted plumbing and electrical out. I also don't have "coroplast" or whatever that plastic stuff is that covers the underside except at the rear and have cut an access hole flap in it to scope out the plumbing and taped the flap up when done. The electrical wiring inside the camper will be a bit of a mystery as it runs mainly in the closed ceiling and walls but it can be figured out, if needed.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:20 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:

thanks,
Providing the location of the dump valves is not "proprietary information"...

What you initially asked for: " is there an additional supplement that has schematics and piping/hook up diagrams that accompanied the original owners manual," is proprietary information and Keystone doesn't supply plumbing diagrams, electrical diagrams or schematics for any of their trailers. Even dealership service departments do not have that information. In some "special situations" Keystone will send a dealership a partial blueprint of a specific section of a trailer, but they do not share "the entire build blueprint" or "schematics/diagrams of plumbing/electrical systems" even with the dealerships. You'll never find it in an Owner's Manual Supplement.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:39 PM   #11
MotownJG

Dump Valves

I bought a 2008 Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel and have replaced both dump valves when they started sticking. I cut through the underbelly with a knife, removed the screws along the frame and let it drop. I could see the holding tanks with a flashlight and located the valves that way.

LoveyourRV.com has lots of videos that show the waste tanks on his Keystone Cougar. Youtube will also reveal a bunch of waste tank related vids. Helped me out a ton.

https://youtu.be/__dfAgJ35Fk
Hoping to leave California in the next year.
MotownJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:51 AM   #12
Azwaterguy

I have a 2006 3712ts and our dump valves are in the hose storage area. Let me know other questions and I'll help with what I can
Azwaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote