Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #1
TomTerrific

Avalanche Rally?

We've talked to the Montana RVERs and they have
Montana rallies with vendors, clinics, social stuff.

Is there anything or plans like that for Avalanche rallies. Keystone?

Full time RV Escapees.com and Avalanche enthusiast. We love our rig. AV295RK.

Tom
TomTerrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Couldn't tell if you were asking (Keystone?) but Keystone is not affiliated with this forum and has no presence here as far as I know. I believe the Montana rallies are coordinated between members and the Montana product line management. They do have a presence on that forum.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:37 PM   #3
John&Genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTerrific View Post
We've talked to the Montana RVERs and they have
Montana rallies with vendors, clinics, social stuff.

Is there anything or plans like that for Avalanche rallies. Keystone?

Full time RV Escapees.com and Avalanche enthusiast. We love our rig. AV295RK.

Tom
Tom: I’m a member of the Avalanche Owners Group on Facebook and have never seen anyone mention a rally of any type. The only ones I know of for the Keystone line are for the Montana, and that is mainly a leftover from the days before Thor acquired Keystone.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 03:04 AM   #4
notanlines

Tom, I'm afraid you're going to be a bit disappointed where the 'rally' is concerned. Americans as a whole are not 'joiners' like in years past. Look at local RV clubs, the Moose, Elks, Eagles, VFW, American Legion, Boy Scouts, etc. All are seeing memberships drop like leaves in autumn.
Facebook, video games and tiny-tot soccer have pretty much taken the place of week-ends camping at the lake.
We may be seeing a resurgence of families getting into the camping gig, but only at the mercy of 6 day a week Lacrosse practice.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 05:23 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

We've become a nation of isolated people that seem to speak to other people via electronics, current example noted. "Back in the day" a lot of CGs near citys in the east had a large number of campers that were seasonals. They used them as a summer escape from the heat and many freindships were formed. From my observations a lot of independently owned CGs still have that "old time" mindset with many "group activities" including pot luck dinners. The corporate CGs seem to me like the activities are more geared to "baby sitting" children, or at least that's how some folks use them.

Time doesn’t stop and the only constant is change. With so many single parent families, families with both spouses working full time, and many folks working 2 jobs time becomes a precious commodity. Some folks have become isolated out of fear or mistrust and some just want to spend their limited time with their family. Social media provides some sense of "group" or "community" and allows for participation on the individuals schedule at a safe distance. These are all my opinions derived from my observations and conversations with our children and others of their generation.

I can’t recall the last time I've seen a Good Sam "halo" on the back of a camper.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:32 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

IMO, all you have to do is take a look at this forum to get a general idea of why there's no Avalanche rally, or any other rally, for that matter.

Total members: 39,817
Members who posted in the past year: 3414
Members who posted in the past month: 598
Members who have never posted: 18,945
Members who posted fewer than 3 times: 26,305
Members who posted fewer than 10 times: 32,154
Members who posted fewer than 100 times: 35,652

These stats are for a "free, all you have to do is log in" type activity.

On April 1, 2018, we started, at the membership's request, a Forum decal program, so that members could order, at a reasonable price, a decal to put on their trailer, so other members of the forum could identify them, on the road or in a campground. Less than 60 members purchased decals.

I'd think that corporations like Keystone, THOR, and many others have realized that investing their profits on the "few people who participate in group activities" is no longer a "money making venture" for the company. They have turned to other ways to invest in building participation rather than spend money on a program that doesn't return increased profits for the company.

Now, it seems they spend their "growth investment budget" on things like free calendars, pens and other trinkets, to give out at RV shows or on sponsoring a RV show at a local dealership, to "grow interest" rather than spend that money on "entertaining a few who have already bought the product"...

ADDED: TomTerrific: You might want to "get the official response" from Keystone as to why they don't sponsor such rallies. You can contact the company at this link: https://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service . They don't monitor or participate in this forum, so you won't get a response from Keystone here.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote