Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2021, 09:52 PM   #1
Nilahawkins954

Need help 😩

I have a 2018 Keystone outback 328RL and I have a leak in the middle of my bedroom. It is not wet around the edges of the bed, walls, or dresser. It is soaked directly in the middle of the carpet in front of my bed. Soaked to the point that when I step on the carpet water comes gushing up. Something from underneath is causing this leak I believe. Does anyone know about this or how I can find a diagram of the plumbing for this camper?
Nilahawkins954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:45 PM   #2
mcomeaux

Water Leak

Is it leaking down condensation from ceiling A/C?
Old 08-28-2021, 03:14 AM   #3
TheStatelineATV

Hooked up to city water ? Or just from fresh ?
City water could have pressure of 70psi and I'll start looking for loose connector from city water... ?
TheStatelineATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 05:23 AM   #4
dutchmensport

I looked at your floor plan and I watched this video. At 3 minutes 48 seconds, he steps into the bed room. You can see the roof vent and you can see the washer-dryer prep.

to see what your camper looks like. I see in the bed room you have a ceiling vent right above the bed. And there is washer and dryer (prep) in the closet.

Considering the floor is wet in only 1 spot, I would guess it's getting wet from the vent above the bed.

Have you had rain recently?

Water flows down hill, never up hill. If there is a water leak in any of the pipes leading to the washer dryer prep, it will be under the floor. The pipes under the floor would need to leak (up hill), and spray through the floor first, and the floor is most likely a sheet of plywood with carpet on top of that. The likelihood of that happening to the point where the carpet is actually squishy, well, I have a hard time believe that.

More than likely the water is coming from the vent directly above the bed. Check for wetness around that vent. Check the seals (caulking) on the roof around that vent. If you can, remove the trim from the vent on the inside and see if there is water in the roof.

If you "think" you have a water leak, an easy way to figure that out is real, real simply.

1) put water in your fresh water tank
2) disconnect your garden hose from shore waterr
3) turn your water pump on and let it pressurize your water lines.
4) if you have a water leak anywhere, you'll hear the water pump running. It takes only about 3 ounces of water for the pressure to drop low enough in the water lines for the pump to cycle on and off. So if it's running constantly, or if it's cycling on off, on off, on off, just that quick.... you have a leak. You can hear the pump. If the pump makes no noise, YOU DO NOT HAVE A WATER LEAK anywhere.

The leak cannot be from a drain line ... water flows downhill and drains are not under pressure.

My guess, it's coming from the ceiling skylight vent.
Old 08-28-2021, 06:34 AM   #5
German Shepherd Guy

The thing is the vent is above the bed. The bed would then be wet too most likely. But other scenarios do not make much sense so I think that is the place to start looking also. I like the idea of checking pressure in the lines with the pump. Could there be a small pin prick of a hole in one of the lines spraying water, under pressure, up? Maybe but why would it have waited years to manifest itself? I like dutchmensports theory. Please let us know what you find.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:38 AM   #6
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN. Hope you get your leak fixed.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:35 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Looking at a different video it appears the outside edge of that vent is approximately where OP said the wet carpet is - about the center at the foot of the bed. I would check it for leaks whether it has an AC sitting in it or not. If there isn't an AC I would repair any possible leaks and install MaxAir vents if they're not already there.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote