Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2021, 09:05 AM   #1
Jeffee

2013 FZ342 wiring diagram

Apparently my unit does not have that booster switch (outlet with the red light and little black switch) that the cable and antennas hook to in every camper but mine. I just upgraded my antenna and come to find out they have no way to hook power to it. The shop searched everywhere and cant find the booster. They asked if I could get a hold of a wring diagram but it looks like there is no way to get one of those. Anyone else remedy this situation? Thanks
Jeffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. I don't know what kind of "shop" you had it in but sounds like they are not familiar with campers. Every trailer I've ever seen that has an amplified antenna will have a antenna/cable selector switch which sends 12v dc to the antenna vja the cable. Sometimes they are behind a tv, sometimes they are buried in a cabinet but there will be one unless the camper has the KeyTV system.

As for a wireing diagram Keystone will not provide one. They consider the proprietary and an RV tech should know that.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:49 AM   #3
Jeffee

It is a small town and they hand write their receipts, but he made a lot of the same comments you did. They pulled TVs looked in closets and cabinets pulled the antenna and the lower undercarriage panels trying to find wires to follow. They feel like if one was ever installed it’s hiding in a wall panel or was just never installed. I had one in my last camper and found it odd that I didn’t have on in this one. I appreciate the feed back. He was hoping a wiring diagram would give them some of idea of what to remove or cut open to find it.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:55 AM   #4
Javi

Generally they are below the original antenna, I even had one on the ceiling.
It was a meter and had 3 or 4 buttons and a screen about the size of a postage stamp

It actually measured the signal strength as you turned the antenna
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:32 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Generally they are below the original antenna, I even had one on the ceiling.
It was a meter and had 3 or 4 buttons and a screen about the size of a postage stamp

It actually measured the signal strength as you turned the antenna
Mine is back in the bunk house inside the tv cabinet. The antenna crank is in the LR over the couch after the slide is extended. The OEM was a Wienguard plate with the push button switch. I replaced it with what I think your talking about from Weinguard. It has a signal strength indicators which are of no value for me as it's about 18' away in a cabinet. What it also has is a beeb setting to indicate signal strength so I can turn that on and rotate the antenna while listeneing to the audible tone.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:24 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffee View Post
Apparently my unit does not have that booster switch (outlet with the red light and little black switch) that the cable and antennas hook to in every camper but mine. I just upgraded my antenna and come to find out they have no way to hook power to it. The shop searched everywhere and cant find the booster. They asked if I could get a hold of a wring diagram but it looks like there is no way to get one of those. Anyone else remedy this situation? Thanks
Sir, You would do well to go to UserCP and create a signature with your year, make and model of camper and the same for your tow vehicle. I am probably the only person on this forum who has no idea what an FZ342. Answers to your questions will likely have much more context.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:27 PM   #7
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Sir, You would do well to go to UserCP and create a signature with your year, make and model of camper and the same for your tow vehicle. I am probably the only person on this forum who has no idea what an FZ342. Answers to your questions will likely have much more context.
Here ya go George...
Old 08-19-2021, 02:08 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

I just noticed your posts don't have a signature either. In stealth mode Javi? bwhahahahha... in general I don't like to have to research which vehicle is being asked about when all a person has to do is use a signature with the proper info.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 03:53 AM   #9
LHaven

2013 means no KeyTV, right?
Old 08-20-2021, 06:36 AM   #10
Jeffee

I had to look up KeyTV and was excited that there was no signal booster switch but it looks like that was a 2018 product. I have Sat and Cable separate connectors on the exterior but I’m afraid it’s not KeyTV.

I'm a 2013 Keystone 5th wheel toy hauler 342. The video Javi posted gave me a few ideas on what to double check so I'll visit the camper at the shop later today
Old 08-20-2021, 08:03 AM   #11
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffee View Post
I had to look up KeyTV and was excited that there was no signal booster switch but it looks like that was a 2018 product. I have Sat and Cable separate connectors on the exterior but I’m afraid it’s not KeyTV.

I'm a 2013 Keystone 5th wheel toy hauler 342. The video Javi posted gave me a few ideas on what to double check so I'll visit the camper at the shop later today
From reading ALL the post about KeyTV I'd be glad I did not have it. Also was very glad I had the the old style batwing crank up Winegard antenna rather than the Frisbee looking omni directional POS they use nowadays.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 08:28 AM   #12
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
From reading ALL the post about KeyTV I'd be glad I did not have it. Also was very glad I had the the old style batwing crank up Winegard antenna rather than the Frisbee looking omni directional POS they use nowadays.
That's been my impression about KeyTV from the postings on here. Then again, that's the impression you'd get from the postings here about inCommand, and I'm quite pleased with mine. I do miss that batwing, though, the omni is so weak.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:16 AM   #13
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Ain't a batwing...

And I'm almost glad they went to these from the crank up style.. I'm the one that got tasked with rotating the darn thing every time the DW wanted to watch a different channel. Now I just say... put a DVD in... we got no reception... oh and while you're up... freshen up my bourbon, will ya'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ar-360b.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	35341  
Old 08-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #14
K_N_L

Most of the dual axle Fuzion's are pretty close in their components, and get minor changes each year. I would expect it to be in the bedroom, next to the nose cap in a cabinet. Why, i dont know, but wiring looms are expensive to change and workers get use to doing the same thing so they dont change what they dont have to...

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 01:12 PM   #15
Jeffee

The service looking for it traced wires through the air vents in the ceiling and found what they needed. They added an amplifier and told me I’m done. Thanks everyone for your advice. I’ll post further once I pick it up and see what they did.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:38 AM   #16
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.

Tags
wiring, wiring diagram