Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2021, 05:08 AM   #21
Caseymbrowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scttw View Post
People I know in my park with a NEW Cougar are having their trailer pulled out and the entire roof is being repaired by dealer for the exact same situation. Under further examination the entire thing is falling apart.
I’m definitely going to get ahold of the dealership just in case it’s something this bad.
Caseymbrowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:21 AM   #22
BandT

So I know nothing about this subject, but after reading your post I decided to look at the roof on my new cougar. On a 111* day my roof does not seem glued down at all. It has ripples like yours, not as bad probably, but I can “push” them all around. Makes no sense to me, especially if it is glued down.
BandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:47 AM   #23
RET.LEO

Time for a new roof. Hot day going down the road at 60mph your roof flapping in the breeze.......not a happy thought but this guy did a roof replacement on a brand new Grand Design who's roof blew off.
Watch a couple of his video's.......he's the guy I would want for a new roof.
He uses a 60 Mil. commercial grade TPO membrane with a 20 year warranty.
This video will show how shoddy RV roofs are put on:

I'm honestly considering when I buy a new trailer to just have him go ahead and put a good roof on right away. I am into small trailers (20-25ft) so the expense is still high but not as high as a leaking roof, delam/wood rot, mold eradication. PLUS he builds really sweet mounts for solar panels. The fact that he puts his name and date of install says a lot about his work.
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof