Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #1
jlynn77

Unhappy Slide Out problems on my 287QBS Bullet

We bought a brand new 2016 Keystone Bullet 287 QBS, off of the manufacturer floor through a local dealer, in 2016. We loved the trailer and the trailer layout. We got it home and the electrical issues started. The battery hookups were on wrong, we weren't getting any power. Than about a year and a half later, our slide started acting up. We brought it back to the dealer for it be fixed and had to replace the entire slide motor. It wasn't even 2 years old. We have warranty forever and we bring it to our dealer once a year for maintenance, we had more electrical issues, but more slide issues as well. The slide stopped going in..it would go out but wouldn't go in. The dealer claimed they fixed it and they did , but a few months later it started acting up again. Which brings us to last weekend. We brought it for our annual inspection since we are getting ready to leave out of town for a month with our camper. The slide had been JUMPING everytime we put it in and out. So bad that I felt like it was just going to break. Anyways, the dealer called us back and said that the wall had a complete structural failure and was falling apart.

They tried to get a hold of keystone about it and they told us too bad, so sad, OF COURSE. I wasn't expecting them to care, but I thought maybe since we have had slide problems that is well documented by the dealer that they may think twice about at least taking a look. Well, the dealer said we had some tree marks on our roof and wanted us to claim our insurance on it, and with that they are going to replace our entire roof, along with adding wood supports on the roof. They also, want to add angles in the slidewall to "fix" the problem of the structural damage. I don't know if I feel safe or satisfied with that. Do you think that is appropriate to do in this instance?? We really are debating on trading it in for a Grand Design of some sort, we have had nothing but issues! Thanks, and so sorry for the long post.

I added pictures in the link below

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188285713@N06/19706g
jlynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, slide, slide out