Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
DennyB

Angry Peeling decals

I have a 38 foot 2008 Montana fifth wheel. Last year the decals began to peel. I contacted Keystone. They refered me to Burlington Graphics. They sent me some of the decals but they were the wrong ones for my trailer. I contacted Burlington again only to find out that they no longer offer the 2008 decals. I was told to order the ones for the 2006 model. This tells me there was a serious quality problem with the decals. I have sent two e-mails to Keystone in the last week with no reply. Does anyone know where I can get replacement decals. I would take all the decals off but the shadows are still prominent when the decal is removed.

I have good news for others with problem decals. I wrote Keystone customer service and included pictures of my trailer. They were gracious enough to provide me with almost a complete new set of decals. I received all the ones I requested. I will have to remove the old ones and install the new ones but I consider that a fair deal. I encourage you to follow up with Keystone and not give up.
DennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

DennyB, I have the same problem with my '07 Cougar. The front was so bad I had to remove them and the side that faces the sun most of the year is starting to shrink also. I had the same problem with my last trailer too and that was not a Keystone product. Like you said, if it wasn't for the "shadow" that remains I would be happy towing a big white box. The only solution I have seen is having custom paint and I am not willing to spend the $$$$$. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
DennyB, I have the same problem with my '07 Cougar. The front was so bad I had to remove them and the side that faces the sun most of the year is starting to shrink also. I had the same problem with my last trailer too and that was not a Keystone product. Like you said, if it wasn't for the "shadow" that remains I would be happy towing a big white box. The only solution I have seen is having custom paint and I am not willing to spend the $$$$$. JM2¢, Hank
Hank, I am wondering what a shop that does regular truck lettering would charge to replace the graphics, either in vinyl or paint.

My guess is that it might not be nearly as expensive as folks think.

If the vinyl on our '11 starts to deteriorate, that is the first place I am going to go.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

I have a shop very close to me and I have considered asking, but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay to addvertise Keystone. If I'm paying I'll be towing a "Hank's Hacienda" or something like that ........ Don't get me wrong I love our Cougar but it is just the principle.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
antiqfreq

After traveling fulltime for a year our front cap that said "Cougar" started to peel so the hubby took it off.

Now today I notice one of the side graphics (that DOES face the sun) is starting to peel. We are having our 36 ft RV port installed on Thursday and NOT a minute too soon !!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiqfreq View Post
After traveling fulltime for a year our front cap that said "Cougar" started to peel so the hubby took it off.

Now today I notice one of the side graphics (that DOES face the sun) is starting to peel. We are having our 36 ft RV port installed on Thursday and NOT a minute too soon !!

Jo
Jody, I will be anxiously waiting to see photos of that RV port. Hank
Old 11-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
Herap

I really like the "Hank's Hacienda" idea!

Ray
Herap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
Hunter757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herap View Post
I really like the "Hank's Hacienda" idea!

Ray
Sounds like a great idea.

I just checked BGS.com and they have temporarily discontinued there Replacement Graphics Program. I hope they start it back up agian there seems to be a real problem with the way decals were made a few years ago and alot of people would like to replace them.
I got mine just in time our 5er is in the shop getting the front decals replaced this week.
On a side note I did hear that you can polish the front cap and this will help remove the outline of the old decal.

2008 F350 4x4 LB CC 6.4 twin turbo PSD
Prodigy P2 brake controler
Hijacker 16K Double pivot ultra
2007 Montana Mountaineer 307RK
New to us on 8/12/2011:
Hunter757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter757 View Post
On a side note I did hear that you can polish the front cap and this will help remove the outline of the old decal.
I did use polishing compound and then a marine cleaner/wax and it looked great for a few months .... then the "Ghost of Cougar" returned. Someday I will get some kind of graphics for it. Maybe mañana, Hank
Old 11-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
Railcop345

Decals

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. Keystone has acknowledged a problem with the decals on the 2008 Montana and I believe some others. I had mine peel, etc. and contacted Keystone. Don't recall her name but she was very helpful. She requested a picture of the problem and then sent replacement decals - free. Of course, the labor to remove/replace is on me. Call Keystone direct and ask for customer service.
Railcop345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
Exsailor

My guy

At American RVin olive branch MS told me that there was an issue with keystone "stickers" and replaced them on warranty. It is a significant issue, just read all these posts. I would fill keystone's inbox with feedback at the very least.

Exsailor from MS
2008 35 Ft Montana
2012 GMC Duramax Diesel
Exsailor is offline   Reply With Quote