Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #41
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbell View Post
Like many others on here, I have had a CCW permit for many years and have several concealable weapons. However, we do not take any weapons in the RV for one very good reason. Many of our stops are at military campgrounds, most of which are inside the gates of air bases, Army posts, Navy or Coast Guard stations. Of all the bases where we have stayed, I do not remember a single one that allows civilians to possess firearms on the base. Many are like crossing the border into Canada; don't try to take a weapon onto the base because they WILL find it and you will not only lose the weapon but be off the base permanently. I have found on the very few occasions I threatened to use it that an aluminum baseball bat works wonders. It is non-lethal but it hurts like hell and it won't go through the walls of 3 or 4 RVs before it stops. We do not stay at Walmart or sketchy campgrounds and we travel with two big dogs, so we have little use for even the bat.

One other thing: America is two continents, North and South. The USA is just a part of North America. When you refer to the USA as "America", you insult those who live in other parts of the continents because they live in "America" just as much as you do.
Same goes for native (USA) American reservations. They have their own laws.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #42
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

why all threads closed about guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbell View Post

One other thing: America is two continents, North and South. The USA is just a part of North America. When you refer to the USA as "America", you insult those who live in other parts of the continents because they live in "America" just as much as you do.

That is silly.

Everyone on the planet knows what people are referring to when they say "America." Nobody refers to Canada, Mexico, Colombia or any other North or South American country as just "America." The closest thing to that is "the Americas" (plural)... but we aren't saying that.

If anyone is still confused, context should fill in the gaps.

The rest of the world likes to use the term "Americans" in negative terms (and everyone knows who they are talking about), I/we can use the term proudly in positive terms.

[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #43
Desert185

Hear, hear!

Old 05-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #44
JRTJH
Site Team

Anyone who cares to read this thread from start to current postings can easily see why the moderators are inclined to close threads that discuss controversial topics. This thread started with asking "why are all threads about guns closed ?" and has, in 41 posts, identified exactly why threads are closed. It has gone from a civil discussion asking for reasons why threads are closed to being examples of what kinds of posts cause closure. Posts have "run the gamut" from incorrectly stating, "I am an American and have the right to say anything I want to say" to "You're a redneck and eat possum stew". Along the way, some civil discourse on the topic was presented, but it's quite clear that now the thread is headed toward, "I'm insulted if you call me an American" and "The real Americans live on reservations." Those are not extreme examples of being "way off base" rather they are typical of responses that are insulting and not, in any way, associated with RVing.

As any objective, rational reader can surmise, we're no longer discussing facts concerning the topic, which is "WHY GUN THREADS ARE CLOSED", we're discussing "OPINIONS" about who is insulted by being called "American", what the "real America" is in geographic area, and who may or may not be motivated to travel to "America" (USA).

So, to the OP, now you can see through clear examples in this thread, just how "explosive" the topic of guns can be. While any person here may (or may not) consider some of the posts as insulting, opinionated, derogatory or many other descriptors, it's quite clear that they are not focused on RVing and they are not even remotely related to the original topic in this thread.

Again, this forum is designated to discussions about topics related to RVing, not discussions about guns, who can be called American, it's not a "stump" from which to cast insults about "rednecks and possum stew" and it's not a place to discuss the propriety of the "real Americans".

The above paragraphs detail what the forum is NOT, but what it is, is a place to talk about RVing, share tips on RVing, help with problems about RVing and other topics related to RVing, specifically KEYSTONE RVing. Please, use the forum for what it is, not what you think it ought to be.

The forum is not a publically owned platform for discussion of any topic. It's a privately owned business and the membership are "registered guests" who are free to use the service as long as they obey the rules established by the owner. As Chuckster57 stated, we all have 2 choices: OBEY THE RULES or LEAVE. If you're truly offended by the rules, PM the site team with your suggestions and understand that management may or may not agree with you. Alternatively, if you find you can't abide by the rules, then feel free to cancel your membership.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 05-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #45
Desert185

Guns don't insult people, people insult people...and that's why these threads get closed. Let's be adult, folks.

If I can refrain from commenting on some topics and questions in a negative manner, then...

Old 05-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #46
fourfourto

"I have found on the very few occasions I threatened to use it that an aluminum baseball bat works wonders."

I'm sorry this thread is about guns your off topic talking about aluminum baseball bats
There are forums you can go to relating to baseball .

LOL

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
Old 05-16-2017, 09:58 AM   #47
nellie1289

I am offended when you call the USA, America. Clearly, the accepted term is now 'Merica !!!!!!
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
Old 05-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #48
hankpage
Site Team

Okay, I think we have had enough fun for one thread today.

Since it doesn't seem like we can stay on the original topic and before someone gets upset enough to cause someone to jeopardize their membership .....
I am closing this thread. I can not honestly see this thread going any where good, Hank
Closed Thread