Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #21
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandE View Post
Unfortunately for us the ground control manual only lists to use a spray lubricant if the jacks are down for long periods of time every 3 months and every month if in salty areas. Doesn't say what spray to use.

It also says in the preventive maintenance section to just remove dirt and road debris from jacks and stabilizer struts as needed.

Makes it sound like you don't need to lube them but that doesn't seem right. Looks like I will have to call and see what they say themselves

Travis
Please post what they tell you.
Our previous Cougar XLite had grease zerks on the back side of the legs in the storage compartment.
I haven't found anything on the Lippert ground control system to lube. I guess it could be a sealed gearbox.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #22
TandE

So I emailed them and this is what they had to say. First half is my email to them.

Hello i just had a couple questions regarding this system and storage and maintanence.

Is there a lube requirement for these jacks? I know on my old 5th wheel the landing jacks/gear had to be lubed but the manual i have does not say anything about this at all unless you have them down for a while then spray lube the legs but nothing about the motor/gear area. And while i havent looked very hard i dont see a lube port on the legs so was curious.

Storage. Is it ok to leave my unit in the level position when not in use and for long periods of time? I know the manual says to spray lube the shafts when they are down at least once every three months unless in a salty environment every month but is it ok to leave it leveled?

Is it possible to make this a 6pt electric system almost like the bigger toyhaulers and 5th wheels?

This is the response.

Good morning Travis

It is OK to level the RV level if that is your intent. Personally, I would not but that is just my thought if it were mine. There is no need to lubricate the jack other than the information you have already noted for extended periods of time to keep them from oxidizing.

And yes, with a few component changes and some modification, this can be changed to a 6 point system. If you are truly interested. Either contact our aftermarket division or have your service center do same. information can be found on our website at www.lci1.com

Travis
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:45 AM   #23
NotyetMHCowner

I am having problems once again with this Crappy ground control 3.0. I have installed 4 six volt Costco (Interstate) golf cart batteries, took the ground control system off of the 40 amp breaker and on an 80 amp breaker, and installed #4 marine grade wire along with the factory wire for voltage drop.

It worked fine in the driveway but has failed at every campground since (isn't that nice). A couple of times it has said "out of stroke" and the right rear jack isn't all the way down. But there is plenty of stroke left. Also, the front Jacks strain badly trying to lift. Currently, it would not level, at Jekyll island campground and I can not get the front left jack to go up anymore. I am not getting any kind of error, it just won't lift. It will retract, then try to raise, but strains and quits.

I think I am needing to home the Jacks (which I am expecting will be a pain because of it not wanting to raise to get back on the truck) and do a zero calibration (but I don't have a level with me).

My pin weight is 3660 and front jack weight is about 5300, iirc, and these Jacks are designed to lift 5000 pounds each. Our next camper will definitely have hydraulics!
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #24
gearhead

So, how you gonna get it back on the hitch?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:01 PM   #25
NotyetMHCowner

The bottle jack from the truck. I will lift it a little then the front Jacks s little back and forth until it's high enough.
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote