Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2016, 05:03 PM   #1
rolltide

LED Marker Lights

I have a 2003 Cabana 25 ft . I was wanting to know if I need any special item before wiring LED where to original lights were? I recently wired a normal side marker light in and lost all marker lights . Brake lights work. I think that one of the wires has been to chewed up by the quick connect connections and know I might have to bypass this. Also how can I test the circuit if not plugged into tow vehicle?
Thanks for the advice.
rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:55 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

You shouldn have to do anything different s far as wiring for the LED's

To test the circuit, make sure the trailer battery is charged and then look at the plug that you plug into the tow vehicle, there are 6 slots. The "Top" of the plug has the tab that the cover locks onto when plugged in.

The top two slots when joined together will power all the marker lights. If you go to etrailer.com they will have pictures and labels.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
rolltide

LED Markers

Thanks for the info. Found a blown fuse on my Suburban and spliced a few wires. Working well now. Used a 15 amp jump fuse on the 7 pin plug for testing after replacing fuse. Huge difference in brightness now.
Thanks Again
rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote