Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #21
jje1960

6 mos later

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
We have been using our Boliy every year since purchase, plenty of hours on the unit, plenty of oil changes. We actually only had a couple of short-falls to address while looking for a new unit. The Boliy at 74Ibs will continue to travel with us in the back of the TV. We will continue to use the unit while stopping in route, runs everything including the 15k aircon. In order to use with the airconditioner (15k or 13.5 in bedroom) the Boliy unit must be in standard mode, econ will not kick-up fast enough to start compressor..... This is the main 'rub'. I spent most of the Winter researching inverter generators and found one that meets our sweet-spot. We purchased the Powerhouse PH4000Ri/e. Ordered from Cabela's for total of $1674.00. It's EFI, so no more worry about kicking up fast enough (it does not even have the econ switch) amazing runtime at 1/4 load (18hrs), remote start. I really thought we were giving something up and it would be a 'bit' loud.... Nope, testing outside the garage with load and without it's a pleasant surprise. Full specs are here, we will wheel this in the garage of our toyhauler, it comes in at 160Ibs. http://www.powerhouse-products.com/p...uct/ph4000rie/. We spend a full week every year at Bristol for the race, the generator runs pretty much 24/7 and makes the week very comfortable!
Well, thought I would follow up with the first year with using the new PH4000ri/e. Awesome! Quiet, fuel efficient and easy to wheel around. We used the unit for 24/7 at Bristol this past summer, jumps up for air conditioner and plenty of power without sucking out of reason fuel consumption. I keep in the garage and will start once a month, however came with really neat plug for trickle charger. Happy with purchase.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #22
nellie1289

I've got a Yamaha 4500 for the heavy duty stuff. That thing is a beast but will power anything you want and whisper quiet for 4500 watt. I recently bought one of those generac 2000's at costco recently for shorter smaller trips where I don't need the big dog. The Yamaha is 59db and the generac is 67db per my hand readings from 1 foot in front of the muffler
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote