Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #1
socalhd

More questions FZ342

Today I noticed a paper tag attached to a line under right side slide. This tag is attached to a connector with a green cap. The connector has a small valve and it appears to be a pressure fitting. It appears to be a connector to the propane line. Cant find any info in the manual. If I had to guess I would think this is a fitting to connect a barbecue.
So for those of you in the know. What is it?
Also it appears I did not get keys to the ramp door latches. Are these supposed to be keyed the same as the side doors?
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

The tag is probably a warning label, and the fitting is a low pressure port for the LP system. It is a quick disconnect for any LP appliance that doesn't need a regulator. That port is downstream of the regulator, so if you hook an appliance with a regulator up, it may not operate properly due to low pressure.

Your ramp door locks should be keyed alike but most likely different than the entry doors.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:30 PM   #3
socalhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
The tag is probably a warning label, and the fitting is a low pressure port for the LP system. It is a quick disconnect for any LP appliance that doesn't need a regulator. That port is downstream of the regulator, so if you hook an appliance with a regulator up, it may not operate properly due to low pressure.

Your ramp door locks should be keyed alike but most likely different than the entry doors.
Thank you sir. Could you give me an idea what it would be used for. Most barbecues have a regulator. The tag is basically instructions but difficult to read upside down at night. Or should I just forget its there?
I am missing a bunch of instruction manuals that should have come with the coach, which I will address when I return after some good shakedown trips. Seems you have a good handle on things and a good resource
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

You can purchase BBQ's made specifically for RV's using the low pressure port. I have that port, but choose to ignore it. Since I have a Camp Chef 3 burner stove, and oven and other stuff, I carry a spare 7 gal tank, with a tree. And if one of my trailer cylinders goes empty I have an emergency spare.

I believe some members have posted a link to adaptors for eliminating the regulator to use regular stoves and such. As for manuals: there should be one for each appliance. As I'm sure you have read, the Keystone owners manual will be very generic and may not address every feature your trailer has. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions I can, and feel free to PM me if you need.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #5
sptddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalhd View Post
Thank you sir. Could you give me an idea what it would be used for. Most barbecues have a regulator. The tag is basically instructions but difficult to read upside down at night. Or should I just forget its there?
I am missing a bunch of instruction manuals that should have come with the coach, which I will address when I return after some good shakedown trips. Seems you have a good handle on things and a good resource
I didn't get many manuals either (though I did buy used), but I found them all by going online and searching the make/model for each appliance. Most weren't terribly useful to be honest.

Somewhere you asked about rear garage keys....they are different than the rest of the coach....I have keys, but the locks are shot and don't work (fortunately they are in the unlock position). I use rubber covered padlocks on both locks instead.

I have also had your valve issue - when I had mine looked at they used an additive that was supposed to soften and 'grease' the valves. It did help. Generally I just put a bucket under it before I open it at the next site - as long as it's always gray water, I can deal with a bucket. Now if my black didn't hold....well, lol!
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #6
sw342
Permanent User Ban

What manuals do you think you are missing? I have a stack 6" thick. I probably have them all and can let you know if there is a manual or not. Like was mentioned probably easier to go to your favorite search engine and look up the info there.

Keys are different for ramp door latches. Mine work great.

Gas line is for BBQ. Cannot use regulator. Any RV forum has had this question asked 100 times and can direct you how to alter your current gas BBQ or which model BBQ to purchase should you want to use that feature on your trailer.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote