Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
Way Of Life

What Is This.....?

All right folks......Just purchased a 2015 Fuzion 325. We received delivery on a very cold winter like day mid November. Because of the weather.....the PDC was rushed and several items were over looked or not evenough thought of.

Have figured out most items ando their functions but these indicated in the enclosed photos.....Which leads me to the question....."What is this and what is it for?"

Both items are located just in front of the axle on the street side. The white valve comes through the enclosed belly. The black handle comes through the frame. I understand that they are both valves of some kind.....but what for and what purpose.

Thanks for all your input and wisdom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141216_154622.jpg
Views:	1143
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	7560   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141216_154639.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	7561   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141216_154657.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	7562  
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
ncbound123

The white handle is for the fresh water tank drain. Pull that valve and all the contents of the fresh water tank will drain there. The black handle is for your secondary black water holding tank. You have 2 black tanks on that model and one gray tank. If you look at the control console inside the coach you should have a rocker switch labled black 1 and black 2. When you press the status for the tank condition if you flip the rocker switch you will get readings from one take or the other for the black. Hope this helps you out.
The finer things in life.
ncbound123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
Way Of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbound123 View Post
The white handle is for the fresh water tank drain. Pull that valve and all the contents of the fresh water tank will drain there. The black handle is for your secondary black water holding tank. You have 2 black tanks on that model and one gray tank. If you look at the control console inside the coach you should have a rocker switch labled black 1 and black 2. When you press the status for the tank condition if you flip the rocker switch you will get readings from one take or the other for the black. Hope this helps you out.
Thanks for your input. Understanding then that Keystone uses 2 black tanks.....do you happen to know if the second black tank contents are from the bathroom sink and shower? I would assume the gray tank contents come from the kitchen.
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #4
Kirro1000

Actually, the handle by the axles is for the kitchen gray water.
The two handles in the compartment on the left front side are labeled as black and gray (or something similiar), these are the bathroom gray and bathroom black.
The white one on the belly is the potable (fresh) water drain.
Congrats on the 325, we shook ours down this last weekend and really didn't
Have any issues.
Kirro1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:38 AM   #5
ncbound123

I have the 395 and in my connecitons cabinet I have the black drain for the master bath along with the grey for the master bath as well. Under the slide that black handle seems to be for the half bath and kitchen sink also drains into that tank. It just seemed to me that a black tank should only be for your sewage, but it looks like the kitchen sink dumps into that second black tank as well. I have monitored my tanks on several trips and the half bath does not get used as much as the kitchen sink and that tank tends to fill up rather quickly for being just the half bath.
The finer things in life.
ncbound123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:17 AM   #6
HDCVO

ncbound, You are correct. I confirmed on my 395 that the kitchen sink drains into the black tank at the axles by draining the tank, and then turning on the kitchen faucet, and sure enough it did flow out of the black tank.
Ken
HDCVO is offline   Reply With Quote