Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
wayfun

Anyone have dual AC units on a Laredo TT?

We just picked up our new 2015 Laredo 322RL today and the PDI went great. No issues found. However, I failed to notice one thing until I got home with it. The marketing materials for the trailers mentioned a ducted AC system with a "racetrack" type duct where on dual AC units both would feed the duct. I ordered the second bedroom AC unit specifically for that feature. I thought it would be good on moderately warm days to utilize the bedroom AC and leave the main room unit off to cut down on the noise level in the living area. But tonight I realized that the bedroom AC works really well at cooling the bedroom but the grill vents are the only way to get air. It doesn't feed into the ducts.

Does anyone else have 2 units and are they connected to the same ductwork?

Dennis
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
KanTC

Congratulations on your new Laredo Dennis

Typically the 2nd A/C unit isn't ducted, although that feature is available in some higher-priced lines.
You're correct, the website (race-track photo, showing air circulation) sort-of "implies" that it's ducted, but none of the literature "states" both are ducted, (unless I missed it).
http://www.keystonerv.com/media/8945...ster_apr14.pdf
http://www.keystonerv.com/media/8508...ochure_web.pdf

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
wayfun

See this thread for a follow-up: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19143
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
Richard6959

I just purchased the Laredo 320TG. When we had the 2nd A/C installed I inquired about having it ducted but was told they typically would not because the duct wasn't large enough to handle the additional air flow. This could cause the unit to not push enough air which could lead to it icing up. So its not attached to the "race track". which is fine since the bunkhouse was warm anyway. The main A/C works great to keep the rest of the unit cool.
Richard6959 is offline   Reply With Quote