Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #41
NGAcamper

Quotes range from $15,556 to $24,500 for the same exact model... It pays to shop....

RV Wholesalers Lowest quote, $15,556 but they want to add $295 dealer prep but offering another
$2,000 discount
if we finance with their bank (special terms... 10% down finance 12 years but can make extra payments... I asked for 4-5 yr and they wanted to raise interest rate to 7-8% rate or more.. when I asked for a payment for 5 yrs, with 10% down, the corresponding payment equaled a 14.5% rate...not sure what other gimmicks they have...offered to put more down, they said interest rate goes up!!! You know that saying if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.....

Walnut Ridge Family RV Sales, Indiana came in with 2nd lowest quote... $16,474, no gimmicks, no dealer prep, with equalizer hitch installed...but would rather drive to Florida and continue on to Key West for a week.....

Lazy Days in Seffner FL started out over $20,000 but came down to $16,995 with weight dist hitch installed (Blue Ox Sway Pro 750)... narrowed it down to Walnut Ridge or Lazy Days.... but hope to get Lazy Days down to same price as Indiana dealer... I prefer driving to FLORIDA so its most likely I'll be driving to there in the fall to make the deal... They give you two free nights on their property to try out the unit to find any bugs that didn't get caught during the PDI....AND they agreed to do the PDI before we sign the finance contract... and they quoted 4.9-5.9%, based on credit score for any term we choose 1-12 years....

All of the dealers in my home state of Georgia came in at $17,995-$19,995 or more...????
NGAcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #42
kellydog98

You may want to look into financing it against your house, if your home is paid for, because the interest you pay will be tax deductable. We did this with a Truck and Camper combo. All paid for now, but would do it again. I see friends buying cars this way also. Just my 2 cents.

kellydog98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:38 PM   #43
NGAcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydog98 View Post
You may want to look into financing it against your house, if your home is paid for, because the interest you pay will be tax deductable. We did this with a Truck and Camper combo. All paid for now, but would do it again. I see friends buying cars this way also. Just my 2 cents.
I can finance it as little as 2-3 years without bothering the house or high interest fund... 4.9% is ok with me...if it were a 50K or more purchase, or for many years, I might do that....
Old 08-15-2014, 01:36 AM   #44
Javi

I believe you will find that the interest paid on the note and the sales tax on the original purchase are both deductible. The qualify for the interest deduction the RV has to meet the requirement of being designed for living, i.e. bed, kitchen, plumbing... it is in effect a second home purchase.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:05 AM   #45
mavagrand

"Lazy Days in Seffner FL started out over $20,000 but came down to $16,995 with weight dist hitch installed (Blue Ox Sway Pro 750)... narrowed it down to Walnut Ridge or Lazy Days.... but hope to get Lazy Days down to same price as Indiana dealer... I prefer driving to FLORIDA so its most likely I'll be driving to there in the fall to make the deal... They give you two free nights on their property to try out the unit to find any bugs that didn't get caught during the PDI....AND they agreed to do the PDI before we sign the finance contract... and they quoted 4.9-5.9%, based on credit score for any term we choose 1-12 years...."

I have bought two campers from Lazy Days and highly recommend them. They will treat you right, you'll get a thorough PDI and quick follow up to fix any items that may need repair. Additionally, they have a great campground and are close to most of the tourist areas in Florida. For what it's worth.
mavagrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:24 AM   #46
badercubed

Why not go with the best deal you can and refinance within 30 days? Doesn't seem right to pay more just for their interest rate when there are plenty of 3rd party loan companies out there.
badercubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #47
NGAcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badercubed View Post
Why not go with the best deal you can and refinance within 30 days? Doesn't seem right to pay more just for their interest rate when there are plenty of 3rd party loan companies out there.
The one with the best deal (only offers this deal if you take their higher interest financing) has the highest interest rate, and has a clause that requires you have to keep the loan for at least 12 months, it's also 500 + miles north of me... doesn't make sense to me to travel 1000 miles in a direction that I don't want to travel to be stuck with the loan for 12 months... where is the savings? I feel sure I can get Lazy Days to match the deal that Walnut Ridge is offering... as far as interest rates, the one in Florida has the lowest...