Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
aclay

Thinking about a Cougar 29RBK, why the East vs West?

I'm new to these forums. We currently own a Jayco 26BH and really like it, but want something bigger. We like the layout of the new 29RBK (bunkhouse with outside kitchen). It seems this is new for the west coast (we live in WA state).

I like the look of the Xlite version, but they don't offer those out here. Anyone know why there is a different version for East vs West?

I'm looking forward to learning more about Keystone products, any advice would be appreciated.
aclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
f6bits

Some of them are built on the west coast. Other than that, I just don’t know. Mine was built back east, so I don’t know why they’re not willing to ship other east coast models out west. Maybe they don’t think there’s as much demand for some of them out west.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
f6bits

To further add to the mystery, I see a difference in weight between East and West versions of the 2910BH, but no change in the floor plan.
http://www.keystone-passport.com/ind...model=2910BHWE
http://www.keystone-passport.com/ind...t&model=2910BH

The West model gets a bigger fresh water tank, but that doesn’t fully account for the weight differences.

2011 Passport 2590BH
Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
aclay

I didn't realize there were different mfg centers.

From what I can tell about differences: the front cap of the East Coast (Xlite) version is more modern and aerodynamic, the holding tank sizes are different (west coast are all larger), the xlite version has a rounded roof that I belive adds a little headroom, not sure if there are others, but that's what I've found.

The west coast version of the floor plan is new for 2013, local dealer says they won't get one until mid-July. Going up this weekend just to look at other units to get a feel for them while we wait to see that model.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
f6bits

Some people claim that their dealers are able to special order the East coast versions. I don’t see why not, since Keystone is shipping other models cross country.

2011 Passport 2590BH
Old 06-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #6
aclay

I talked with the local dealer and learned that there is a West Coast factory in OR that supplies most of the west coast. The dealer could get me either model, but obviously more shipping for getting the East Coast version. The new west coast 29RBK will be out in later summer/early fall. We're still debating that vs. a Jayco Eagle 304BHS.