Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
fivergeezer

Air-Cond. question

I ordered the optional front A/C on my new Montana. The dealer installed it. I seem to have a problem setting the thermostat so both units share the load. If I set both units to the same temp., the bedroom unit short cycles and the livingroom unit never shuts off. This is with an outside temp. in the 90's. If I set the bedroom unit a few degrees colder than the livingroom unit, the bedroom unit runs continuously and the livingroom unit hardly comes on.
IMHO it has something to do with the fact that the thermostst is located at the top of the stairs to the bedroom and can't get a really good sampling of the living room air. Also, I find that I can't direct any cold air towards the front in the bedroom or the remote sensor short cycles the front unit.
Is there a way to add a remote sensor to the livingroom A/C so that the stat. is out of the equation? I'm just trying to get it so that one A/C isn't running significantly more than the other.
fivergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Johnnyfry

A/C problems

Is the bedroom A/C is fed into the ductwork, or does it just vent into the BR?

If it only vents into the BR, I would suggest installing a seperate thermostat inside the BR for that unit only and moving the main stat out into the living room area. The main stat, of course, also controls the furnace so that should the taken into account when locating it.

If the BR A/C feeds into the duct, I would suggest blocking it off so that it only feeds the BR.

IMHO, others may have alternate ideas.

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote