Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
deerslayer

Keystone Passport 5260RL

Looking to see if anyone has any insite on this model, Keystone Passport 5260RL, I am looking into upgrading from our 04 sunline 267sr travel trailer. I use a 07 ram 1500 quadcab 4x4 Hemi as my tow vehicle. The new passport acutally weighs about 200lbs less dry than my current TT. So far we really like what we have seen with the keystone but we havent seen very many to know the quality and durabilty. The closiest place with the trailer we are looking at is about 2 hours away so we are thinking about a roadtrip next weekend to go look and see if it will fit our needs. Can anyone give me some insite on the Keystone passports or Keystone RV's in general? I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks
Justin
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Justin:
There are quite a few Passport owners on the forum and it seems that, by in large, they are all very satisfied with their purchase. Hopefully, some of them will chime in and offer you their personal experiences with them.

Some time ago, the forum also did a poll asking the members if they would buy another Keystone RV. The results showed that approximately 90% said "YES" they would. That number should tell you something about the satisfaction level of Keystone owners on this forum.

I have been very satisfied with our '08 Cougar. Other than a very few and small minor items - all of which I was able to fix myself - it has been trouble-free. It is, I think, good value for the money.

Keystone, along with other RV manufacturers, mass produce these things. "Perfect" and "flawless" are not words you should be expecting to use to describe their products. Most of us have had to deal with minor flaws from time-to-time but you will find imperfections in any make or model that you might buy.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
deerslayer

Thanks, I am talking to the dealer right now but unfortunatly they were unable to tell me much about towing with the 5th wheel. My sunny weighs in dry at 6200lbs, the keystone comes in at 6000 with a 1000lb tongue weight. My truck say it can tow almost 9k, and has a payload, i believe around 1500lbs. To my thinking this puts me well inside the parameters to pull this camper. Only problem I am seeing with the keystone is the outside storage, or lack there of!
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote