Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2022, 08:52 AM   #21
MN Roger

With my Lippert system, I’ve found that if you lower the fron jacks slightly before auto level, the jacks won’t raise the entire trailer so high. Been using the system since 2014.
MN Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:00 AM   #22
Spock123

I like others on here carry 4X4 12 inches long. I carry enough to put under every jack. Once I get the fifth wheel off the truck before I turn on the automatic leveling I run the front of camper below level. The shorter the jacks are the more stable the camper is. Sometimes when I pull into a campground where the sites aren’t to level I sometimes check the level inside the camper door. I carry 4 Ft 2X8 boards to place under one side of the camper. If you still have a problem with your camper and you think something is wrong with your level up, then unplug your camper from power and break the hot post on your battery the level up will revert back to factory settings
Spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:11 AM   #23
chuckster57
Site Team

If I remember right, auto hitch height requires a nose high start to auto level.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:19 AM   #24
RollaMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
If I remember right, auto hitch height requires a nose high start to auto level.
Yep, that is what is stated in the manual.

When your ready to break camp and hook back up the truck, just scroll through the options until you see "Auto Reconnect" on the screen.
Push enter, and the trailer will return to the height where the auto level sequence was started.

So far, mine has worked exactly as intended.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	39820
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	39821
Old 05-19-2022, 11:09 AM   #25
Blackhawk

Levels

if you have an LCi system, You need to download the technical manual from their website. The next thing go to YouTube and pull up in LCi video on how to do it properly. The LCI Loveling system will stroke out if your levels are extended more than 4 to 6 inches, or the trailer is not level before you start using your levelers. It sounds crazy but that’s the way to do it right
Blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:27 PM   #26
Mzunrs

Good luck

After hours and hours of messing with ours I gave up and use the manual mode.
Mzunrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 04:27 PM   #27
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzunrs View Post
I'm with you. Mine worked perfectly in the driveway at home but here at the campsite on a concrete slab it lifted all four wheels well off the ground and the curbside landing gear never did extend - twice the same behavior.

I went to manual level and ended up dead level front to rear and -0.1° side to side. Good enough for me. All doors (including the refrigerator) stay where I put them.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:51 PM   #28
jsb5717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzunrs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
I'm with you. Mine worked perfectly in the driveway at home but here at the campsite on a concrete slab it lifted all four wheels well off the ground and the curbside landing gear never did extend - twice the same behavior.

I went to manual level and ended up dead level front to rear and -0.1° side to side. Good enough for me. All doors (including the refrigerator) stay where I put them.
Have you ever tried to reset level? Like Manual Mode except when you're done you can save the current setting as the new level. The system should remember the new setting. Maybe worth a try.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 03:09 AM   #29
MarkEHansen

Also, if your auto level is not working, talk to your dealer or Lippert directly. I've never had to call Lippert but I've heard here they are very helpful.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:21 AM   #30
Mounties88

I also have the ground control 3.0. A couple weekends ago I ran into the issue where I was unlevel side to side enough that to level, the jacks had to raise the driver side tires off the ground. I've read and watched some youtube videos that say this will cause the system to go into error, which is exactly what happened. I was already unhooked, so I was able to use manual mode to raise the tires off the ground and set it back down on just a single 2x8 to get it fairly level. Unfortunately, since it was in error I had to go through the process of retracting all the jacks to reset it so I could try to autolevel again. It autoleveled with no issues with just 1.5" of wood on the driver side. The whole time it was raining hard, and the other 8 campers we were in a group with were very helpful yelling their words of wisdom from under a canopy....
Mounties88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:12 AM   #31
MarkEHansen

Raising the tires off the ground does not cause it to error. Likely what happened is you ran out of stroke on that side (which means the jacks could not raise enough to bring the trailer to level). To combat that, you can place blocks under the jack pad before leveling.

This is what I do as a normal operation. Sometimes, the tires come off the ground, sometimes they don't. It doesn't matter.
Old 05-25-2022, 05:28 AM   #32
Mounties88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
Raising the tires off the ground does not cause it to error. Likely what happened is you ran out of stroke on that side (which means the jacks could not raise enough to bring the trailer to level). To combat that, you can place blocks under the jack pad before leveling.

This is what I do as a normal operation. Sometimes, the tires come off the ground, sometimes they don't. It doesn't matter.
Interesting. I'll have to go back and review the youtube video I watched that talked about that situation. I carry 4 bags of linx levelers with me and several boards and the jacks were only extended 3-4" at the time of error. I guess in rushing to get set up in the rain I wasn't paying close attention to what the actual error was. Thanks for the info!
Mounties88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:33 AM   #33
MarkEHansen

The system can certainly fail for other reasons - some unexplainable by us mortals. I just wanted to point out that although some don't like the tires off the ground, it's not a reason for the leveling system to error out.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:34 AM   #34
chuckster57
Site Team

In the early days of GC 3.0, it was common for the rear levelers to run “out of stroke”, newer versions had an extendable inner leg.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling