Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2022, 09:05 AM   #1
Jonathans

Rear Camera TPMS System

Sorry for what may be a dumb question as I prepare to set up my trailer.
Does anyone make an all in one monitoring system tat includes the rear camera and TPMS on the same screen? If not my tow rig is going to start to look like my fishing boat!
Jonathans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:12 AM   #2
pasayten

The TPMS will go to your cell phone and the sound alerts... The backup camera can go to a separate dash screen (normal), but I imagine they also make a bluetooth to cell phone version. Yes... Throw in a dash cam and gps and it definitely has the fishing boat look... lol... :-)

2022 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali Crew Cab Gas
2021 Cougar R26RBS
pasayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:21 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Just remember that more more "declutter you do by installing apps" the less functional information you're going to get when you need it most"...

Imagine trying to unlock your i-phone screen while trying to avoid hitting a deer on an icy road while the TPMS alarm is sounding and there's blue lights behind your trailer but you can't get the camera app open on your "latest and greatest i-phone"....

When the crap hits the fan, the objective is to immediately look to see where it's headed and dodge it, not try to find your phone and open an app..... YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

I never want to look at a telephone when driving for any information. On many monitors, there is an A input and a B input; not sure if a TPMS could be connected to such a monitor but I had such a monitor but never connected TPMS to it. My TPMS monitor is fairly flat and it sits on my dash and is specialized for the system itself. I have a rear vision monitor that is 7' and it is mounted on the very left corner of my dash and is not optimally positioned. I also have a stick on mount for my diesel function and when it is up, things are cluttered; probably like what you imagine like the fishing boat you refer to. I take the diesel monitor off mostly when not towing.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:41 PM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

As far as a "one screen fits all" it's not the screen or monitor but what drives it. If your devices can connect to a phone then it's thru an "app" (application). A stand alone monitor say for a tpms will have that app (computer program) burned into it's motherboard. To enable multiple "apps" or programs would require the monitor to have an operating system such as ios or android..

So if you want a single screen that leaves the choice of a phone or tablet. With that being said, this only works if the devices work on a phone. If say a wireless camera doesn't have an option for an app then the dedicated monitor is required.

Using multiple screens vs a consolidation of scrolling thru one screen is a personal choice. These days the large single screen in the dashboard is very popular, I'm guessing it appeals to the "do everthing on a phone" generation. I'm old school and prefer individual guages or instruments for important information. Being "old school" I'm accustomed to scanning the instruments whether in a motor vehichle, a boat, or in the cockpit of an airplane. I scan the information and know what it all means and what it should look like. For instance if I glance down at the instruments while flying and the EGT (exhaust gas temperature) is out of range I'll recognize that and then focus in on that guage. I don't have to wait until it "sets off an alarm" and then flip thru screens to find out what is wrong. I can see trends and variations vs the "oops, it's too late this failed idiot light or alarm".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote