Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2022, 12:41 PM   #1
Eric Hoffmeyer

"Camera Ready"

Purchased a new 253RL Hideout.
Publications and video says "Camera Ready". Cover plate below center top marker light (that has a wire holding gizmo in it) was empty. No extra leads attached to the marker light wiring harness.
Revolting misinformation and poor QC.
Does anyone know if this trailer is supposed to be "Furrion" Compatible? My understanding is that a FC trailer comes with a special slick mount set to accept FC camera systems.

Thank you.
Eric
Eric Hoffmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 01:29 PM   #2
pasayten

Yes... Our 2021 Cougar 26RBS did indeed have the proper wiring for a Furion camera. Time to talk to your dealer about warranty fix... Maybe it slipped down a ways???

2022 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali Crew Cab Gas
2021 Cougar R26RBS
pasayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 01:45 PM   #3
Mikendebbie

I am not familiar with your Hideout - but does it have a hole on the back like the one in the screen shot below? Have you tried to fish around inside looking for the wire? Of course the one in the screen shot had a Furrion camera on it, and he is replacing it with another camera…so the wire was easy for him to find. It is a single cable sheathed around a black and a red wire. It may not have a jack on it. In this pic he has wire-nutted the new jack onto the existing wire. Hopefully someone will chime in with advice on how to find the wire.

I replaced the Furrion on my rig, so the wire already had a jack on it, and the new camera was easy to attach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0B11F56D-256B-4968-B586-F9CBC88A09C3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	39371  
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 01:47 PM   #4
Eric Hoffmeyer

Thank you for the reply.
I photographed and wrote back to the factory as this mess up isn't on the dealer. THE factory has a QC problem (Or at least with my trailer)
I plan on splicing in my camera this weekend. Probably a soldered joint so it stays put. I found a reinforced area of the siding (where the upper layer overlaps the lower layer) so I think I'd attach there.
Best wishes!
Eric
Old 04-21-2022, 01:49 PM   #5
Eric Hoffmeyer

Nada, ziltch, nichts. I'm an experienced electrician and mechanic/handyman plus a retired Army helo pilot. Just simply they left the wires out of the install. Maybe it was a Friday and the guy had a hot date!
LOL
Eric
Old 04-21-2022, 05:30 PM   #6
Tom35758

My Hideout had exactly the same problem.

2022 Keystone Hideout 253RL

2018 Nissan Armada tow vehicle
Tom35758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:31 PM   #7
MarkEHansen

This is most definitely a dealer issue. The factory will tell you that's what the dealers are there for. Contact your dealer about a warranty fix - or just fix it yourself.

Also, there are better camera systems than the Furrion. I have a Furrion and am not happy with the picture. I would like to swap it out for a much better quality (and less expensive) alternative. If you haven't purchased the camera system yet, you may want to do some research first.

Best of luck.