Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2022, 01:56 AM   #1
Beernutzbob

Folding bunk on Outback 240urs is detached

The bottom folding bunkbed became detached from its side pivot support and I can't figure out how to fix it. Anyone have a suggestion?
Beernutzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 06:14 AM   #2
LHaven

Did the sidewalls spread somehow?
Is your problem that you can't slip the tubes back together, or is it when you slip them together they fall out again?
You could fix the latter by adding a flat shim behind either half of the hinge, but that won't fix the underlying issue that is allowing the wall to spread in the first place.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:13 AM   #3
jasin1

I agree about using a shim..chances are the distance from the factory between the walls was a little off …or the bunk dimensions were a little short..doesn’t take much

It looks like it was barely into the wall bracket

I’d see if you can either remove the basket from the wall and put a flat shim behind it or a shim on the bunk side…one or the other of the brackets will probably have to come off to join the bunk to the wall bracket…

See what has more access..can you get a drill in there to reattach the screws with the bunk reattached? Or is the bracket on the bunk bolted on making it easier to reattach?

If you put the shim behind the wall bracket you may need. Little longer screws or add a small amount of construction adhesive to the screws and the wall plate
Old 02-20-2022, 01:37 PM   #4
Beernutzbob

Thank you both for your replies. I managed to get it back into the mount by lowering the bed to horizontal and then slowly working it in. Apparently the side walls at that point may have separated slightly so that when the bunk is lifted and stowed it has a tendency to come out of the side mount.

I think the easiest solution may be a strap to hold it in place when it's stowed.
Beernutzbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outback