Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2022, 01:51 PM   #1
Kevin H

Soft Slideout Floor

2011 Keystone Raptor. We have decided to keep and fix-up our rig. During recent inspection I discovered that from underneath the bedroom slideout the screws in the corner were loose and the wood soft. Been searching but have yet to find any info on how to remove a slideout or how to go about replacing the underside. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin H.
Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 03:55 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

It would help if you defined what kind of slide you had; cable, ram, schwintek etc.

I've never removed a slide but I've seen them removed (cable). It is NOT a one man job....or one man and a jack....or 2 men.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 05:27 PM   #3
Kevin H

Soft Slideout Floor

Sorry for my ignorance, It is hydraulic. There are no cables or individual motors.
Thanks for any info.

Kevin H
Old 02-05-2022, 07:17 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Removing a slide is easy IF you have all the right tools and equipment.

You’ll have to remove the fascia’s as they are what stops the slide from falling out. Then support from the bottom, undo any wiring and the hydraulic Ram and ease it on out.

If your going to replace the floor, you can lay it on its side on cribbing with padding to protect the finish.

It’s a very labor intensive job and 2 or 3 people won’t be enough to move it and lay it over, BTDT a few times.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:03 PM   #5
FamilyFuzion2021

I just finished my floor replacement on my bedroom slide. Mine has the schwintek mechanism though. Did it all in my garage at home. If it helps I ordered bolt on forks for a bucket on a tractor on Amazon for about 200 bucks. Cheaper than renting a lift. It was labor intensive but after all was said and done I feel the job was better than I would've received at the dealership. Will post pics of the repair if it would help
FamilyFuzion2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:09 PM   #6
Bustinbeards

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyFuzion2021 View Post
I just finished my floor replacement on my bedroom slide. Mine has the schwintek mechanism though. Did it all in my garage at home. If it helps I ordered bolt on forks for a bucket on a tractor on Amazon for about 200 bucks. Cheaper than renting a lift. It was labor intensive but after all was said and done I feel the job was better than I would've received at the dealership. Will post pics of the repair if it would help
I know I’d like to see it and I am sure I’m not the only one who would love to see how you tackled the problem!

If you have pics of the process, start a thread and document it. Post the pics with the build process you used.

That way others in your position can see how to fix their soft slide.
Bustinbeards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:33 PM   #7
Kevin H

Soft Slide Floor

Thanks fo the comments. Plan on attacking this after the weather changes here in St. Louis. I will take plenty of photos and will post. I like the idea about the forks. I already have a bobcat with forks, but have considered construction of a table at the exact height I need so once out I can lay it over. My biggest concern will be time frame, once I start it will need to be finished in a timely manor.

Thanks again,

Kevin H.

Tags
floor, slide, slideout