Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #1
Bombo80

Issues crossing into and out of Canada ??

I am just wondering if the border crossings have been a problem with RV's ?

Not that we are planning anything just yet. But I know Covid has everything all messed up.

I have friends that go to Canada for fishing trips, and usually don't have too many issues.

If there is anything that any of you have run into, it would be great fo get a heads up on things.

Thanks,

Bombo

2021 Hideout 177RD
2015 Chevy Silverado 1500LT
Bombo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 03:28 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

Pre-Covid, we crossed the border with our camper 4-8 times a year and never had any issues, even with our adopted daughter (and also when we were just fostering her), two dogs and a traveling bunny. The last two camping seasons the borders have been closed. I have no idea what the future will bring as far as cross border RV travel.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:02 PM   #3
Summergirl

Just remember that firearms, alcohol limits, non prescriptive drugs and certain fruits/vegetables.
Best to call. ‘Know before you go”
Old 11-05-2021, 07:11 AM   #4
77cruiser
Gone Traveling

If you've ever had a DUI & they check, they send you right back home. Gotta have the Kung flu shot too.
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 04:54 PM   #5
JOEJ
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77cruiser View Post
If you've ever had a DUI & they check, they send you right back home. Gotta have the Kung flu shot too.
I say Fuaci Flu, butttttt.
JOEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:05 AM   #6
RickV

We are about 3 months from being near the Canadian border at Niagara Falls. We are hoping that the Jab BS requirement is lifted by then so we can see the Canadian side. if not life goes on.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:53 AM   #7
NH_Bulldog

Currently, if you are not vaccinated and traveling for recreational purposes you will be denied entry.

If you are vaccinated, you have to upload a list of specific documents to a website, including proof of a negative test result.

We recently traveled to the Caribbean and their entry requirements were even more stringent than Canada, but pretty simple and easy to navigate without much extra effort (even for the unvaccinated).

We are looking at a possible summer trip North of the border again this year, but Covid is less of an issue than fuel costs tend to be.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
Old 03-15-2022, 08:01 AM   #8
{tpc}

Now granted, this was a couple years ago, but I can't imagine it would be any different today (other than the vax stuff or border closings)....but when we went to the falls, we went through canada because the drive seemed easier. I don't recall any trouble getting into Canada, passports, state your business etc etc. Same deal passing through into new york.

On the way back, before coming into michigan, we pulled up, same explanation etc, and then we told to turn off the truck, hand over the keys, hand over the trailer keys and wait. I believe they asked a couple of questions about the contents of our fridge, etc. Border agent was very nice, came back and told us how clean and great our trailer looked inside, handed back the keys and sent us on our way.

It wasn't a big deal, maybe a little surprising if anything given how easily we passed through everywhere else, but I can imagine it would be a bit disconcerting to some.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:35 PM   #9
NH_Bulldog

Announced today (3/16/22), Canada will no longer require a negative Covid test for entry starting 4/1/22 as long as the individual has proof of vaccination. The same for return to the US. Unvaccinated individuals still need to present negative test results before being granted entry
Old 03-16-2022, 03:56 PM   #10
JOEJ
Gone Traveling

What if you're vaxed & you have Fauci Flu? What for ever are they going to do?
JOEJ is offline   Reply With Quote