Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2021, 02:45 AM   #1
Marinerjoe

New owner Cougar 26RBS questions

Hi all,

We recently picked up our 2022 26RBS and I have a few questions about this model. We’re not new to travel trailers, but this is our first Keystone.

In looking around the outside, I haven’t noticed the stickers showing where the low point drains are. I haven’t gotten on my knees and crawled around yet to look for myself, so please be gentle.

Out rig came with the 200w panel on the roof. I have yet to open the box where the battery cutoff switch is, but I presume (hope) that the panel remains connected to the battery even when the switch is off. Can anyone confirm that before I tear into it?

We’ve still got a couple of months (and trips) before we have to winterize, and I will be researching how the water pump will pull the pink stuff through the system (after I bypass the water heater).

Other than a defective TV (none of the hdmi connections or the headphone jack work), we are VERY pleased with our new camper. Looking forward to a few nights in it next week and the week after before we make a week-long + trip south.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
TV: 2022 Ford F-350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB
Marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:01 AM   #2
Marinerjoe

I found the low point drains.

Ya think they could have put them closer to the centerline of the trailer?
Old 10-23-2021, 05:05 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Low point drains are put at a specific point based on floor plan and plumbing layout, convenient access is not a consideration for any RV maker. And I have seen some with the valves located inside the unit.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:11 AM   #4
Marinerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Low point drains are put at a specific point based on floor plan and plumbing layout, convenient access is not a consideration for any RV maker. And I have seen some with the valves located inside the unit.
I know. I suppose I was spoiled as both of my prior TTs were on the passenger side at the rear, close to the wall.

I’m not complaining, just making a tongue in cheek observation. There’s lots of improvements on this one over my previous ones. Including NO hundreds of stickers all around the camper (pasting features from the vendors) which are IMPOSSIBLE to remove cleanly.

Old 10-23-2021, 05:29 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

I didn’t figure you were complaining. Spend a month with me on the job and you’ll really have plenty to complain about, and not just Keystone products.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar