Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2021, 03:29 PM   #21
LCrabtree

Fuel stops

I use the Pilot Flying J app. The DW uses RV Parky…
LCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:32 PM   #22
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I start planning my exit before ever turning into the lot. Once the turn signal gets turned on, I have already determined how I'm maneuvering through the entire process.
And then the armored GARDA truck plants its *** right in front of the front door in the no-parking zone to pick up the receipts (which apparently takes them about a half hour)... effectively blocking the only way out for you.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:35 PM   #23
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
I do use Gas Buddy to find fuel. And that has gotten me into trouble with my wife a couple times. I admit it was entirely my fault. I found a station, and when I went to plug the location into google maps, I only input the town, not the address of the station. It took me to what I can only assume was the geographic center of town. When It said we arrived, it was in the middle of a huge 3 way intersection.
Don't know how it works on Android, but on GasBuddy on the iPhone, once you pull up the station you want, there's a button for "get directions" that pulls up the map program with precisely the right address. Beats trying to retype it by hand.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:36 PM   #24
notanlines

Bandit, maybe she should take on either the driver or the navigator, not the whiner position!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:37 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
And then the armored GARDA truck plants its *** right in front of the front door in the no-parking zone to pick up the receipts (which apparently takes them about a half hour)... effectively blocking the only way out for you.
Yep, and that's when you resort to Marshall's comment about working with people and most of them will work with you... I've never seen an armored car parked for much more than 3 or 4 minutes at a pickup location (although it might seem line half an hour) If they parked at every pickup for that long, an 8 hour shift would only be 16 stops. Hardly worth paying all those guards for that few stops... My guess is they'll be gone by the time you get your receipt, log your mileage and calculate your MPG's.... Don't let em get under your skin, remember, you're supposed to be on vacation and enjoying the trip as much as the destination !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:41 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Bandit, maybe she should take on either the driver or the navigator, not the whiner position!
Yep, the "Are we there yet" comments are supposed to come from the back seat, not the "navigator/helper" right front seat....

Listening to that is a prime motivator for putting the truck in park and walking around to the passenger's rear seat and buckling in there.... "If you can do it better, have at it, I'll take a much needed nap".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:45 PM   #27
LHaven

Quote:
Listening to that is a prime motivator for putting the truck in park and walking around to the passenger's rear seat and buckling in there.... "If you can do it better, have at it, I'll take a much needed nap".....
In our relationship, the phrase "Do you wanna drive?" has taken on deep meaning well beyond any actual driving situations.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:06 PM   #28
LHaven

Quote:
Don't let em get under your skin, remember, you're supposed to be on vacation and enjoying the trip as much as the destination !!!!!
You're right, I should use the time to go on a hiking tour of the gas station.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:46 PM   #29
roadglide

I take a lot of back roads this traveling near 6000 miles this year. I have I seen fuel as high 360a gallon and as low as 285 in the southern states . This is where fuel cell in the bed shines with 96 gallons total. I can pick the bigger stations and stay away from truck stops . I can roll into a high volume truck stop and fill my fuel cell .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:02 AM   #30
Todd727

Hammer, https://www.hammerapp.com/ seems to be the popular app that trucker's are using right now. You can put in the height, length and weight restrictions of your rig and then the routing should avoid low bridges, tight turns, etc.

It also shows you truck stops available on the route. I for one bite the bullet on fuel costs for the simplicity of using truck islands when towing. I'm nearly 60' and within a few inches of 13' 6". Not worth it to save a few pennies.

I do use the TSD/EFS card at Love's and T/A as much as possible. Also, pick up a Loves Card near the fuel desk and register for that It gives you some perks which can add up over time.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:02 AM   #31
travelin texans

There's several good suggestions been mentioned such as truck stop discount fuel cards & aux tanks which are all great IF you're towing with a diesel pickup.
With a gasser you can't use an aux tank in the bed of the truck, you can replace the original tank with a much larger fuel tank at considerable expense & not sure that discount applies to gasoline so you're at the mercy of the idiots at the gas pumps or find places with rv fuel islands.
Just another good reason to get a diesel if you're towing a RV of any size!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel