Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2021, 10:03 AM   #1
SkiipTopp

Too many lights on one switch

Hi All - Has anyone installed a dimmer or switch for each light? I just did a vacation with my new 2021 Passport 221BH, 3 ceiling lights and the light under the kitchen cabinet are on one switch. And there's accent LEDs under the dinette seating with a separate switch but they don't work unless the other (4) lights are on - making it really bright!. I'm hoping I can get the accent lights a separate power lead so those lights can be on without the other lights. But I'd also like to get the other 4 lights powered separately so I don't have to have all 4 on at the same time. I see on etrailer you can purchase LED ceiling lights with a button power on the light, but those are about $30/light. My previous trailer had the main power switch but you could then turn each light off/on at the light. I'm wondering if there's any other way to do this besides replacing the light fixtures. Thanks!
SkiipTopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Changing the fixtures would allow you turn invividual lights that are controlled by a common switch off. However, if the switch is off you cannot turn them on at the light as there would be no power to the circuit.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:31 PM   #3
SkiipTopp

Correct - In a perfect world I'd have power to each light and a switch on each light. But I'll probably have to settle with the main switch by the door being turned on and then have each light with an on/off button. I can do that by replacing the current LED lights but that gets expensive if the lights are approximately $30/ light for 4 lights.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Our camper came with a switch as you enter the door that turns on 4 ceiling lights in a row but the fixtures each have They went crazy with ceiling light fixtures in our unit but got stingy on the outlets, maybe they ran out of money after putting in I think 16 fixture inside and two in the outdoor kitchen.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:48 AM   #5
MarkEHansen

I would think that the under-dinnette accent lighting would be powered regardless of the main cabin lights and wonder if this was incorrectly wired at the factory. You might want to look into a warranty repair on this.
Old 08-17-2021, 05:35 AM   #6
SkiipTopp

You would think accent lighting would be separate of having the main switch w/4 lights on. I'll have to send a photo of the accent light switch - it's separate from the other switches and a different type of switch, almost as if it was missed and then added or someone said - "hey, this would be cool to add"...

Tags
light, lights