Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2020, 04:01 AM   #1
Maineiacs

How to access water pump?

The water pump on my Keystone is tucked away under the corner table next to a couch. Table is about 10 inches wide by 32 inches deep and the 10 inch side is facing me. The only access Keystone built in is a 6x6 panel on the face of the table that is removable. So I can see the pump but I can't reach any of the fittings to tighten them up. One of the fittings is weeping just enough to show water on the vinyl flooring. Have no clue which one it is.

I had envisioned removing the screws that hold the table in place, lifting it out of the way and then torquing all the clamps as necessary. Turns out there are 5 or 6 on the 10 inch back wall (32 inches away) and 6 or 8 on the 32 inch side wall. And those are the ones I can see, even if I can't reach them all!

I have square drive bits that are 6 inches long but I guess I need to find a 32 inch one somewhere! And my right angle drill adapter needs a similar extension. And then the chain saw...................

Other than that, tickled to death with our rig!
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:53 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I feel your pain! BTDT too many times to count on too many different units over the years.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:16 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Jim,

Two thoughts about those screws:

1. Is there any access if you remove the sofa so you can get to the side of that "table cabinet" ??

2. I've, at times, used all of my 3/8" drive extension and a couple of my 1/4" extensions to get 24-30 inches of "steel shaft with an APEX bit holder on the end". Extremely "wobbly" but if you can get a square drive bit in the screw, you can carefully back them out. No bets on how to reinstall them, though....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:07 AM   #4
Maineiacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Jim,

Two thoughts about those screws:

1. Is there any access if you remove the sofa so you can get to the side of that "table cabinet" ??

2. I've, at times, used all of my 3/8" drive extension and a couple of my 1/4" extensions to get 24-30 inches of "steel shaft with an APEX bit holder on the end". Extremely "wobbly" but if you can get a square drive bit in the screw, you can carefully back them out. No bets on how to reinstall them, though....

I do have enough extensions to take that approach. Those screws in the back are do-able. The ones on the side actually present the bigger problem. I need long length plus a 90 on the end!

Removing he sofa gains nothing. The unit is all preassembled, glued and stapled. Trying to get the side off would destroy it.

If the leak becomes more bothersome, I suspect I'll just have to demo it to get to the pump. I can make a new one that will look better out of some black walnut I have in my shop. Just trying to find some simple magic solution.
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump