Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #41
Wilco

I occasionally carry a 1200w small generator that I use with a automated battery charger to keep my batteries charged when boondocking. I will run it for ~2 hours a day to bulk charge the batteries to 80%. I will also take a 2 gal safety can of gas to refill the generator. This is good for about 24 hours of generator use.
2015 Catalina 33RETS
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #42
goducks

Been packing 2 gal gas can for years in the truck bed. Just now started using a 5 gal can. I also pack three 7 gal water jugs and other stuff. I run a rope from one bed tie down thru all the handles and then to the other tie down. Not sure why some see it as a problem. I mean how do you get gas for your lawn mowers?
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #43
Bobkay

Carrying extra fuel

I bolted a receiver hitch in the front, attaching a flat plate with eye hooks to hold a five gallon can of fuel. Not only great for the generator but on several occasions that's about 50 miles when stations are far and few between such as many areas of Route 50 out West.
Bobkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #44
Frederick

They make diesel fuel containers Thar are yellow so that you don't fill with gas. Have driven that route many times always stop in Trinidad CO at the shell service centr tp of tanks. there is fuel in Santa Fe NM
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:48 AM   #45
Mrchipz

I always carry 5 gal. of diesel for the Ram 3500 and 5 gallons of gasoline for the Honda generator. Would not leave home for a long trip without either one full. I keep them stored in a cargo box ahead of my hitch. It is important to keep them out of the sun. When I get gas, I make sure it's ethanol free no lead as it adds lots of shelf life.
Mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #46
Deadhead88

Ethanol free is the way to go
Deadhead88 is offline   Reply With Quote