Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
rbev2308

Anchor Down RV Resort Dandridge, TN

Just finished a 1,030 mile round trip and stayed one week at the Anchor Down RV resort. Many have camped all around the Smoky Mountains but Anchor Down only opened a little over a year ago. Located right on Douglas Lake near the Dam, I honestly can say this is one of the most beautiful and quietest campgrounds I have ever been to. The owners are awesome and receptive to feedback and dumped $2.5 million bucks into this place. I had site 131 which is 110 ft pull thru. Every pad in this place is perfect and numerous fireplaces are placed at varying sites. The brickwork is amazing. The views are astonishing. The service the staff provides is second to none. The only thing I could even remotely make a negative comment on is lack of shade. Only about 10 sites or so on the hill have any shade. We were busy out on the lake and in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg so it was not tremendously an impact on us. Please check out their site if you are planning a trip. They take reservations two years in advance and they book via site number and really stick to it....

http://www.anchordownrvresort.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	anchordown.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	9177   Click image for larger version

Name:	anchordown1.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	9178   Click image for larger version

Name:	anchordown2.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	9179  
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #2
ncrzrbk

Currently staying there this week. Amazing place!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ncrzrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:04 PM   #3
ncrzrbk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2015, 01:07 AM   #4
rbev2308

Recognize that spot as my brother and some of his friends were in 44-46 as we all departed Sat morning...Going back next year and we got 20-25 up on the tree line with some even more amazing views and the shade!!! enjoy.
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:37 AM   #5
C130

We love Anchor Down and stayed a week there in June. We liked it so much we booked 12 nights next June. I hate that it's so far away from us because if we lived closer we'd be there all the time. But, all of my family is east of Nashville so we get to see them while on the way to Anchor Down. I think every RV Resort we will visit from now on will be compared to Anchor Down and unfortunately I doubt any will compare.

Douglas Lake is beautiful and we drove around quite a bit looking at houses and some new neighborhoods being built on the lake. I couldn't believe how much undeveloped land is available around the lake. I would love to retire there, it's absolutely beautiful with amazing views. I've lived in Texas over 12 years now but every time I go back to eastern Tennessee I'm ready to move back.

We stayed at one of the 40 something sites, forgot the exact number but think it was 49 and very close to where the photo was taken along the grass. Those sites up at the top of the hill are incredible also and what a view! We couldn't decide to stay up there or down by the lake and wound up picking one down by the lake next June. We have kayaks and it'll make it much easier to get them in the water. We may even leave them tied to the dock. The pool and slide were a huge hit also. I'd love to go in the Fall, bet it's even more beautiful. Now, I have to figure out which toy hauler to buy since I sold mine.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
ncrzrbk

We are at site 39. We brought along inflatable kayaks and just toss them on the back of the truck. I agree that all parks we visit won't compare to this one. It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive for us but I am positive we will return!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD