Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
sleepy owl

legend tv

we have a new 25rks cougar xlite 5thwheel. we are having trouble trying to get a picture on the tv, we have the linear stereo unit underneath. we are not getting any picture at all, even the dvd does not come in. are we doing something wrong? any info would be great. thanks, Mark
sleepy owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
GaryWT

Are you getting sound? Are you getting snow? Check the connection of the DVD player to be sure it was plugged in correctly. Be sure to change tv to match where the DVD plater is plugged into. As for cable or air, have you searched for available channels etc. we running the search at each campground and unfortunately have one tv that we have to run the search every time we turn it on.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
sleepy owl

legend tv

no sound and no pic and the screen says no signal ,my wife went into the bedroom where there is a extra place for a tv she activated the signal booster thanks for the reply any more ideas she also brought out rabbit ears and tried them with no luck thanks Mark
Old 04-05-2015, 05:50 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Assuming your rig was wired correctly here is what you need to do: leave that booster in the bedroom on (green light). Make sure your TV menu is setup for OVER THE AIR broadcast. Make sure the coax cable from your TV is connected to the correct coax connector in the wall. (if you only have two connectors in the wall behind the TV and it does not work in the current location move it to the other one and try it. If there is more than two let me know.

OFCOURSE if you start getting a picture or snow you will need to do a scan. Unfortunately there are many ways that these rigs are wired.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #5
theallde

Turn on the TV and push the "MENU" button on the TV remote, the TV screen should give you several options one of which is "CHANNEL", several options will appear (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, AIR, CABLE, MEDIA, etc). Select the correct option and you should be good to go.
theallde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:58 AM   #6
sleepy owl

legend tv

Thanks for the reply's, I will have my wife try these, I will let you know again Thanks Mark
Old 04-06-2015, 06:07 AM   #7
Lawdogs

Another thing you might check is the input. On your remote is an input button. you will have several different selections, such as TV and DVD.

2015 Montana 3721 RL
2015 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Dually
Previous: 2014 Cougar 327 RES High Country
2014 Ram 2500 HD 6.7L Cummins, 2002 Coleman Popup, 2012 Wildwood 24RB, 2014 Outback 298RE
Lawdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #8
sleepy owl

Unhappy legend tv

no luck so far my wife ran a coaxl cable from the bedroom hook up with the booster on to the living room still no go she even brought our Samsung flat screen and tried it in both with no luck any more ideas I know the Samsung works we used it in our Fleetwood fs26 toy hauler and it worked fine we also use the Samsung in the house.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #9
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

From what you are telling me it sounds like you have a wiring issue sounds like your antenna coax is either not connected or connected to the wrong connector on the booster switch. Here is a post you can read to get familiar with the wiring of the antenna as well as the switch layout.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21721

They was a resent post where the coax from the roof antenna was not connected to the antenna connector on the switch. After you get familiar with the switch wiring I would remove that booster connector plate in the bedroom and check the wiring.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:33 AM   #10
sleepy owl

Thanks for the reply and info Mark