Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #1
socalhd

Monster Package and Ramp Door Patio Package

A little help here. We are doing our walk thru tomorrow 2014 342 with Monster Package and Ramp Door Patio Package.
I am going over the list of equipment but cant find anything that tells me what these 2 packages include. I don't want to overlook anything at delivery. So if someone could itemize for me that would be cool.
Should I be getting the pull down screen at the back? and Patio chairs?
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
mdb25

Monster Package

Pull down screen yes, patio chairs no. The patio package includes the rails to turn the back ramp into a patio. Here is a link to the monster package:

http://www.keystonerv.com/media/5521..._4pg_03.13.pdf
mdb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:08 AM   #3
matandjen

Just remember it never hurts to ask. Ours would not have come with chairs, for example, but a few minutes of conversation and they were in our unit. If you are getting the rear screen instead of the three season doors, make sure it is not the motorized screen. We had that in our last unit and it was a nightmare....
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:32 AM   #4
BeaverRZR

If my memory serves me correct the Monster Package includes-
-Frameless Windows
- Dual lighted awnings
- 40" LED tv w/ soundbar and blueray
- Level up system
- Central Vac
- Memory foam mattress
- systems Remote control
- 2 AC's

We love the lighted awnings, never use the vac, level up is awesome. Good luck!
Old 01-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #5
socalhd

Thanks, we did our walk thru yesterday. It seemed I knew more about the extras than the guy doing the walk thru. I could not see the subwoofer so I asked where it is. He did not know and we couldn't find it, but when playing the stereo thru the sound bar we could hear and feel it. Weird that this unit does not have stereo speakers in the living area or master bedroom.
When I asked about the heatstrip in the garage AC he had no idea, but we tested and it worked.
We love the unit but could not take it as there were issues needing attention.
They made a BooBoo and installed the Mor/Ryde Pin Box instead of the Mor/Ryde suspension I asked for. So the Pin box stays at no expense to me and they will be doing the SRE4000 at cost.
The guy giving us the walk thru and the Gal in Service were great. Nate said he will oversee all fixes and wants to do another walk thru with me when we return.
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #6
BeaverRZR

The sub woofer is behind a false wall down in your storage area. It can be accessed by removing a dozen or so screws. It is also access to a lot of wiring/plumbing and the water heater. Its just to left of the fire place

I didnt care for the no speakers in the living area either but the sound bar works really well and its nice to have for movies
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	full-15-1589-8431_fuzion_342_toy_hauler_fifth_wheel_12.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	7687  
Old 01-11-2015, 01:55 PM   #7
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverRZR View Post
The sub woofer is behind a false wall down in your storage area. It can be accessed by removing a dozen or so screws. It is also access to a lot of wiring/plumbing and the water heater. Its just to left of the fire place

I didnt care for the no speakers in the living area either but the sound bar works really well and its nice to have for movies

Yep that's where the wireless sub woofer is. One thing to keep in mind, that wooden grate that is circled in red in the picture is a great way for mice to enter into the living area. Don't ask how I know. The plumbing behind there is run from the under belly to that part of the basement with huge holes cut in the floor. If rodents can get into the underbelly because of gaps in the coroplast its easy to get into the living area of the trailer.

I sealed all gaps in the coroplast and large holes in the floor, but also took that wooden grate off and installed metal screening behind it. Because the wooden slats are pointing down you cannot see the screening behind it and it adds a second line of defense for points of entry.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote