Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
wayfun

New Laredo 322RL impressions

My wife and I just brought our new 2015 Laredo 322RL home late yesterday. We ordered it through RV Wholesalers in Lakeview OH. Our complete transaction was via internet and phone and I saved about $8000 compared to a local dealer. The pre-order communication was very good and timely. Post order however, it was tough to get calls returned in a timely fashion. I was less than impressed with the delivery process. I had expected to be greeted by the salesman or customer service. Instead I was left to go find my unit on the lot and there was a kid there to show me around the trailer. So I started my PDI process which took me about 2 1/2 hours. The condition of the trailer was excellent. The only thing we found was a little nick on one of the cabinets which which was quickly addressed with a furniture pen. The kid set up my new Equalizer hitch while I watched and it seemed to be set up ok but after towing it home I think I need to make some adjustments. After I was satisfied with everything the kid took me inside to a lady so I could complete the paperwork and give her my check. It was a no-frills operation. But the price was right.

So we've had the trailer home for a day now and my wife has already started the decorating and I've been checking all of the mechanical stuff out. Overall, we are very pleased with our choice of floor plan. The TV and stereo system work well. It was simple to pair our BT phones to the stereo. The fit and finish is very good for an RV. I do have to question some of Keystones design points though. Like the bathroom exhaust fan. The switch is located on the fan itself. There is no way my 5'3" wife can reach that switch and it's a stretch for me. What were they thinking? There is a lot of lighting in the unit. But many of the lights are switched together so you can't control them by zones. And speaking of electricity, I opted for the second AC unit in the bedroom and have a 50 amp load center. I found that both AC units wired to the same leg of the 240 line. In fact, all high current items, water heater, microwave, both AC units are on the same leg. So as I turn on the AC units I can watch the voltage drop as each one comes on while the other leg maintains a constant 120V. I may have to see if I can adjust that to better balance the legs.

My only serious complaint is with the second AC unit. In Keystone's marketing materials they show that the AC is ducted through the ceiling in a "racetrack" fashion with both AC units feeding into the ductwork. That turned out toe be false. The bedroom only cools the bedroom. My logic for adding the second unit was that I could run it as the only AC unit on moderately warm days in order to keep the noise away from the living space while watching TV or carrying on a conversation. Today I called Keystone and discussed it with the rep there and she told me that all bedroom AC units work the same way and are not part of the ducting. When I pointed out their marketing materials and that they were selling it as a feature she pointed me to the fine print in the brochure stating that features are subject to change. So I think I may have wasted money on the second AC unless I can rent out the bedroom as a meat locker.

Aside from the AC, we are quite impressed with our purchase and hope to get many years of service out of it.

Here's a link to some interior photos if you're interested. www.traynorphoto.com/laredo

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	laredo.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	6747  
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
mom2budnbug

to the forum. I agree on the bathroom fan. I am 5' 2" and have to stand on the edge of the shower/tub to turn it on and off.

Are the photos your interior? Very nice interior and layout. I love the golden retriever We lost ours a year ago. I know she would have loved camping. Now we enjoy our goofy chocolate lab who loves camping.

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
gregrc75

Great looking trailer! Nice Golden too if that's yours!

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #4
wayfun

Yes, the Golden is our travel companion. He just turned 8. He's the reason we bought the trailer and lot in Florida. All of the condos we looked at wouldn't allow pets.

Dennis
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #5
randygk

Vent switch

You can replace the vent with a Fantastic Fan or similar that has a remote control.
Yes the four legged family member goes on every trip.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0395 - Copy.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	6781
randygk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
Ken / Claudia

This one and last 3 rvs all different makes have had same bath fan, this is not just keystone. Sounds like a good way to save money when buying but, I would think it is for the person who knows rvs real well, not a first time buyer.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:51 AM   #7
jsmith948

Beautiful TT. Our bathroom exhaust fan was wired the same way. We snaked wires over to the interior wall and down to a switch mounted next to the light switch.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #8
byrdr1

Nice looking rig.. The TT are looking so much like 5er these days with room and slides. Enjoy
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #9
LuvsPalmTrees

I am 5'2" and I have a hard time reaching the switch for the exhaust fan. I can stand on my toes and stretch and barely touch the switch and turn it on. Our old 1999 had the same type of switch for the exhaust fan.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote