Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #1
WBA

Anyone have a Laredo 291TG?

Just started camping and this is our first TT.

Anyone have a similar model?
Any issues, suggestions, advice, pros & cons regarding the Laredo 291 TG?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-08_22.57.56.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	5274
WBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Tank Wilson

I bought mine in 2012 and I have had no issues at all. Love the RV, the outside kitchen is the best feature IMO. Be advised when storing items in the outdoor kitchen fridg during travel it will be on the ground when you open the kitchen door. I use some velcro to hold it closed and problem solved. Enjoy your new rig!
Tank Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
WBA

The outside kitchen is the best!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014, 06:48 AM   #4
SLIMSHADIE

Ive had mine almost 5 years in August. Great camper.
1. We cool every thing down in the outdoor fridge the night before, since it only works when plugged in. Mine didnt come with a strap to keep shut so I use 4 3m command strip hooks, 2 on top, 2 on bottom and use those 2 little round tarp bungees with a ball, to keep it shut while traveling. Also use 1 long bungee from the right bottom foot across the top left hinge. Seems to work the last couple years.
2. Use 2 more little tarp bungees to keep the pantry doors shut while traveling. It popped open during travel and the slide ripped 1 door off when opening.
3. The outdoor sink drains into the black tank, no big deal, keeps it diluted and alot of hand washing goes into it. Fyi

Happy camping
Old 05-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
swan2125

I've had mine just one year now and we love it. At times we wish we would've gotten the 303tg, but then we wouldn't be able to get our three kids outside.

My outdoor kitchen came with a strap, so I plug it in 24 hours ahead of time and pack it full of drinks. Good to go when we arrive at the site (if its a short trip).

Only had a couple issues that the dealer took care of....1. trim popped away from the side of trailer on the outside above the wheels and was pulling the plastic film with it. SO, the dealer fixed the trim and replaced the plastic film. 2. We also had a baffle behind the refer came loose, they promptly fixed it.

Some of the mods I made to my TT:

1. Purchased some storage bins from Lowes to put under the bench seats to store cooking gear and other stuff. They work great as they move with the slide out. You open the door and there they sit - they can be removed easy.
2. Added a bin in the bunk area for the kids; had to build a base to bring it up so the bottom drawer could open and sit level. Click image for larger version

Name:	1399756602377.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	6091
3. Installed three max air roof vent covers.
4. Installed a Camco cyclone black tank vent.
5. Installed four adjustable ceiling vents with 1.50" collar from JR products to control the air flow a little better in the TT.
6. Added Camco insect screens on all vents on the side of the TT
7. Removed the grill mount on the back bumper of the TT as I like to cook on the campfire with the kids and my wife uses the outdoor kitchen to cook breakfast.
8. Recently installed a MOR/ryde TV Short Slide-Out with Swivel TV Base Mount in the bunk area for the kids 24" TV because I was tired of putting the TV away after every trip. Now it just locks in place for trips and pulls out/ swivels when you need it to. With that, I drilled a 2 inch access hole and put a cap in it for the kids cords to the TV from their PS3 and other stuff (added pics). Click image for larger version

Name:	1399756067235.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	6089

Click image for larger version

Name:	1399755979272.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	6090Click image for larger version

Name:	1399751886042.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	6093
9. Just ordered all LED lights for the interior, so I'll have to let you all know how that goes when I get them this week.
10. Next project is adding a 19" TV to the outdoor kitchen.....I just need to find a good place to mount a TV wall mount that swivels out.
11. Then the wife wants me to figure out how to add another cabinet in the bathroom.....uh!

Finally, I had a 9' by 42' concrete pad put in so I could have a place to park it. Click image for larger version

Name:	1400023332695.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	6092

Mods or not.....just enjoy your new Laredo!!!!

2015 Avalanche 361TG
2014 Ram 3500, Longhorn, SRW, 4x4, CC, 6.7 CTD, 68RFE, 3.42 with 5th Wheel Prep (Cherry Red)

Previous:

2014 Laredo 291TG (Traded for above)
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab (SOLD)
(5.7L Hemi 4x4 w/ Towing Pkg, factory brake controller and 3.92 Rear Axle)
swan2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #6
JayStacy

We have the 314RE and love it. Adding another air here soon for camping in July/August. Does it really need another? probably not but it makes momma happy.
JayStacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
billb800si

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayStacy View Post
We have the 314RE and love it. Adding another air here soon for camping in July/August. Does it really need another? probably not but it makes momma happy.
=================================

What are you pulling that 314RE with? Really like that floor plan especially with that big shower. Do they have glass doors on the shower?
Does momma like the kitchen layout? Enough room to store food stuffs etc..?
Is the fold out sofa/bed comfortable for adults?
Does yours have cabinets over the bed? Some photos show with and without??
I like that the bedroom door open out instead of into the bedroom.
Finally Keystone says the dual air conditioners work on the same ceiling duct work. That way the cold air circulates throughout the trailer
Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #8
wayfun

We seriously considered the 314RE but the DW was sold on the pantry in the 322RL. So that's what we ordered. Regarding shower doors, my rep at RVWholesalers checked on that for me and was told that all 2015 models will have the doors instead of curtains. I also ordered the 2nd air option. Still gotta figure out how to tow the beast.

Dennis
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:51 PM   #9
JayStacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
=================================

What are you pulling that 314RE with? Really like that floor plan especially with that big shower. Do they have glass doors on the shower?
Does momma like the kitchen layout? Enough room to store food stuffs etc..?
Is the fold out sofa/bed comfortable for adults?
Does yours have cabinets over the bed? Some photos show with and without??
I like that the bedroom door open out instead of into the bedroom.
Finally Keystone says the dual air conditioners work on the same ceiling duct work. That way the cold air circulates throughout the trailer
Happy trails,
We have a 2004 gmc 2500hd Dmax, pulls it just fine, but you know it's back there. I try to keep an eye on our weight, just to be on the safe side. I would not want to pull a heavier TT personally. Momma loves the kitchen, the island sink and larger fridge sold her. Plenty of room to store food, etc.I personally love the shower, this one does not have the glass doors and it is a 2015, it has the curtains, which is fine.
The fold out sofa is ok for what it is, surprisingly comfortable, my only complaint is it seems to be angled slightly higher toward the center of the camper. Which is ok, I just tend to like them level. Kids do not mind at all. There may be an adjustment on it, I really have not had time to look more closely.
We do have cabinets over the bed. I will try to post some pics here soon. It is a big step up for us, we traded in our 2004 Outback 25 RSS.

On the Air, I am hearing conflicting stories from my dealer, vs what Keystone is saying. I am anxious to figure out if we can tie into the duct work like Keystone says.

So far we're loving it, easy to hook up, tow and it maneuvers much better than I was thinking it would. Setup is quick, and I'm loving the tank flush system! Much improved over our 2004

Happy Camping everyone!
JayStacy is offline   Reply With Quote