Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2014, 06:38 AM   #21
audio1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelangelu View Post
Thank you so much everybody! This makes me feel way better! My wife just fell in love with this one , and I cannot say that I wosn't impressed! Is got so many features and a great floor plan! My TV is a Ram 1500 2012 Hemi ! Thank you again for help!
According to the specs I could find, the tongue weight is 955 lbs!?
RAMs have a notoriously low payload due to our rear coil springs; check your door sticker for what your payload rating is, take 955 (conservatively, if that is a DRY rating) out of it, and determine if you have enough weight left to transport your family and everything you need to fit in the truck (bed). Many of us run out of payload well before we run out of towing capacity, or room to pack.

It looks like a phenomenal floorplan, but you have an achilles in the way of the RAM. I love ours and am not bashing it, you just have to know what you're working with.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #22
Randy_K

Interesting that the original poster asked a question then has not been back for three weeks to see any answers.

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_K View Post
Interesting that the original poster asked a question then has not been back for three weeks to see any answers.
Three weeks? The last time michelangelu, the OP, signed on the forum was 2-7-2014, the day he started this thread. So, other than the first six comments on page 1, he hasn't seen any of the comments in this thread.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #24
Randy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Three weeks? The last time michelangelu, the OP, signed on the forum was 2-7-2014, the day he started this thread. So, other than the first six comments on page 1, he hasn't seen any of the comments in this thread.
2-7-2014 is that not July 2 ? Today is July 22 so that would make it one day short of three weeks .

< don't mind me , im bored and need to go camping >

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
2-7-2014 is that not July 2 ? Today is July 22 so that would make it one day short of three weeks .

Nooooooooooooo. You really REALLY must be bored and need to go camping...

If your "theory on date displays" was correct, then the first post on the second page would be September 2, 2014... We have some "talented" forum members, but I haven't bumped into any that were "fortune tellers" or, Hmmmm, what do they call Nosterdamous???

It will be Friday in just 3 more days.... Hang in there, Randy.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #26
vampress_me

Quote:

Nah. The forum just uses american convention for dates: month/day/year instead of European: day/month/year. But, going camping solves everything!

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #27
Newman252

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay_24 View Post
Just wondering how you made out? Did you buy the 28RBS? Do you like it? How is your TV making out. We too like the floor plan and trailer but I am worried about the weights. I have a 2010 Chevy with the 5.3L and 3.42 grears with the HD trailer package. But it might just seem a little too much for a 1/2 ton.

Jay jay, did you buy the 28RBS? I know this thread is old and inactive but I just did a search for 28RBS and found it. I just purchased the 28RBS because we loved the floor plan, the decor, the quality compared to other brands with the same floor plan. Anyways after looking at all the numbers I will be towing with a 2006 Chevy with the 5.3 and HD towing package. I'm under all the sticker numbers as long as I don't overload and keep the tanks empty. I'm anticipating the truck to be a dog on hills and such. My plan for now is to keep to closer campgrounds until I can get a bigger truck. That will not be for at least 3 years. Anyways was just wondering if you were running this set up and how it was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Newman252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:33 AM   #28
Newman252

Just wanted to follow up on my experience. I picked up the Cougar 28RS yesterday. Towed with a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 with 5.3L. (Don't remember which gears ratio.) Towing was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. My TV was not the dog I thought it would be. I climbed a several mile long hill on the PA Turnpike at 65 MPH with no problem. Closer to my house there is a fairly steep winding road to get to my neighborhood. Pulled up that road like a champ. My worries with the Silverado 1500 and the 28RBS were for naught. Only thing I really noticed is when driving over small bridges and pavement changes. My TV would bounce a little. Nothing scary but noticeable.
Newman252 is offline   Reply With Quote