Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
MikeLaura210

2014 hideout 210lhs water pump

Hey all,

The Mrs and I were just married in October! Good stuff! Instead of a honey moon she wanted a TT we decided on the keystone hideout 210lhs I located the water pump under the stove but it's blocked by two walls and slide cabinets. Anyone know of an easy way to access the pump to winterize? Or am I better off adding the antifreeze to the fresh water tank?

Thanks so much in advance!

Mike
MikeLaura210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Xavier

Congrats!

On my Outback 210rs I could not access the water pump either since it was near the wall under the couch. I purchased a manual hand pump from my RV dealer and pumped it in from the city water inlet from the outside. My wife was inside the camper to open/close the faucets.

It was really easy and I do not have to worry about filling and flushing the fresh water tank in the spring.

Good luck!
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
twstdpear

On my Cougar, they included a valve that would select whether the feed for the pump was the fresh water tank or a length of hose that could be inserted into a jug of RV antifreeze. If you can't access the pump, maybe they did you the favor of providing something similar nearby?

If I blow out the lines with air first through the city water inlet, I can winterize the pipes with a single gallon of RV antifreeze, although I usually make it two just to make sure a good amount makes it into the holding tanks to prevent freezing should there be any water down there.
twstdpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
MikeLaura210

Thank you guys!! I cant get access to it and there is no other info in the manual or online. I will purchase one of the hand pumps and blow out the lines and pump it in. Not to sound dump but my other question then would be as I pump to the city water connection will the fluid go into my water pump? I am told that I have to get some antifreeze in there.

Thanks again guys

Mike
Old 11-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
yeabuddy

Great trailer Congrats on both occasions.
We don't use the fresh water tank so I winterized that way.
But to use the water pump... the best way to access it is by pulling out the bottom drawer next to the oven.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
MikeLaura210

Thank you yeabuddy!

I was looking at the draw but I don't want to unscrew it is there a better way to get the draw out??

Thanks again!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
outwest

If yours has same as mine, there are some plastic levers on the drawer slides that you push. If installed the same, one side will push up, the other down.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
yeabuddy

I believe that's true. Should have black plastic tabs on both sides towards front of guide rails. Push down on one tab with thumb nail and pull up on other. Drawer should pull right out.
Maybe like this...
Old 11-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #9
MikeLaura210

Guys,

Thanks so much! My dad and I (dad last Saturday picked up the Keystone Hideout 265bhs) checked it out and the draw came right out! Thanks again for everyone's help

Mike
Old 11-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
MikeLaura210

Hey yeabuddy

One last question What size are the wheel covers on your camper? The wife and I love our 210lhs!

Thanks!