Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
Maggman

Thumbs up removing the fixed tv cabinet doors???

hi, thinking about removing the fixed cabinet TV doors under the pop up TV on a 321res for more storage. I am a permanent seasonal and plan on not towing, so TV is up all the time. The doors appear to be glued and will not open, decorative only. Any suggestions. Thx
Maggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Maggman

Wink Fixed..door panel

Well, after doing a bit of investigation, the cabinet doors are only nailed on and pried off with a putty knife. Now I have access to the below the TV area, and will get matching handles and hinges. Wife is happy, new place to store more crap!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
danimal

Glad it worked out for you. I know I am a little wierd, but I have removed all the access panels in my trailer just to see what is behind them. Maybe a little bored as well.
2005 Keystone Hornet 245RKS
2008 Gulf Stream Trailmaster M220
Cobia 220 Walkaround w/Yamaha 200 OX-66 Fuel injection
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
Glad it worked out for you. I know I am a little wierd, but I have removed all the access panels in my trailer just to see what is behind them. Maybe a little bored as well.
That's NOT weird, that's "inqusitive" and "smart" (I think) LOL

The first thing I did with our new Cougar was take everything I could get a screwdriver to apart, find out what's behind every panel, under the bed, behind the sliding doors, in the HWH compartment in the front storage bay. I took the access panels off the refrigerator (outside) and cleaned out the sawdust and OSB chips, rerouted the drain hose, doublechecked that the fan was hooked up, pulled the shear pin on the front landing gear, made sure I have the "right" replacement, undid all the wiring harness covers to find the fuses for the landing gear, break-away switch, the circuit breakers for the 12 VDC main input cables, pulled all the fuses on the 12 VDC distribution panel to make sure all the "little red lights" worked properly, flipped all the circuit breakers, checked all the connectors to make sure they were tight, had to remove the microwave to see where it was plugged in and how, pulled the light bulbs and the filter on the range hood, took the stove apart to make sure all the grates and burners were tight, checked all the hinge screws and cabinet knobs/handles to make sure they were tight, cleaned all the "bubblers" on the faucets, ran water in every sink, checked for leaks, including inside the lower storage compartment to check the toilet and the shower. and the list goes on and on.....

Really, my DW calls it my "playtime" and gets a little concerned when she walks into her new fifth wheel to find all the "stuff" laying around disassembled and me, on my belly, halfway inside a cupboard with a flashlight...... I can't (and won't) repeat some of her words LOL But, at least I know where "most stuff" is located now.......

So, no, it's not "weird"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
Maggman

bubbles

Sounds like fun, how did you get the bubbles off the kitchen faucet, seems like really one piece.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
danimal

re: bubbles

Some trailer faucets have them and others don't. My first trailer had one on the bath sink but not on the kitchen sink. Current trailer has them on both.

I guess I am not as wierd as I thought. When I was removing the access panels it was about curiousity to see what was where knowing that eventually, sometime, somewhere, something hidden will need attention.
2005 Keystone Hornet 245RKS
2008 Gulf Stream Trailmaster M220
Cobia 220 Walkaround w/Yamaha 200 OX-66 Fuel injection
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #7
GMcKenzie

Hey. JRTJH.

You're weird.

I know because I did the very same thing. What amazed me with my trailer (similar to yours) is the amount of unused space behind panels. Under the fridge is empty except for the power cord and a propane line. Under the set of drawers is enough space for another drawer. Their is empty space under the stove, and under the shelf under the sink.

Is your similar for empty space?

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #8
billb800si

My thoughts on this is to remove the dual panel and install an electric fireplace there(1500 watt). Something from Lowes or Home Depot. I can wire the 120 Volt and mount a switch. Would give off just enough heat to warm you up.
I already removed the panel board under the bath cabinet exposing the water pump etc... and that gave us more room to store cleaning supplies.
We ordered our 321RES with 50 Amp service to we have extra.
Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcKenzie View Post
Hey. JRTJH.

You're weird. Thanks, I THINK LOL

I know because I did the very same thing. What amazed me with my trailer (similar to yours) is the amount of unused space behind panels. Under the fridge is empty except for the power cord and a propane line. Under the set of drawers is enough space for another drawer. Their is empty space under the stove, and under the shelf under the sink.

Is your similar for empty space?
Our Cougar has so much wasted space I could probably store another 1,000 lbs in it if I opened all the empty spaces in and under things. Under our sink (a corner sink) is completley empty except for the plumbing. On earlier year models they had installed an outside storage compartment large enough to store the grill and many accessories for outdoor cooking. On ours, it's a blank wall with no storage compartment. My DW and I joked about putting the dog house under there and adding a light or a window.... That's how huge the space is.

Hmmmmm, Weird, eh?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote