Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
ZEPPELIN291

Unhappy Zeppelin water leak - desperate

I really need some help and advice. We own a 2006 Zeppelin 291. We recently discoverd that the wood floor is wet under the linoleum from the very front of the storage compertment to about one third of the way into the trailer past the bed to about where the kithchen starts. I have pulled up the linoleum and can see that the wet wood. I am currently using a dehumidifier 24/7 to draw the water out of the floor. My dealer tells me that the water is coming in from the outer molding and the screw holes which run around the trailer. I understand that the floor is constructed of foam sandwiched between luan wood. My dealer also tells me that the foam soaks up the water and will continue to keep the wood wet and that it is a common problem with the Zeppelins. A slide topper installed last year stopped the leak from the slide. My dealer also said that basically there is nothing I can do to save the floor. It will disintigrate.
Needless to say we have had a week of sleepless nights. Will the dehumidifier running 24/7 be sufficient to dry everything out and stop the wood from disintigrating?
We have only used the trailer maybe 20 times since we purchased it new, and are still paying for it. We love the layout and have kept it like new. We are sick about this.
Does anyone have any sugestions or can share a similar experience.
We need to act quickly to avoid mold from growing.
CAN ANYONE HELP US? PLEASE?
ZEPPELIN291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
rrohrer

sorry to tell you, but this is not good. First thing would be to dry it out. Then make sure the leak is fixed. It needs to stop leaking. There is not much to the floor of an ultralite. My previous trailer bought used off ebay had leaked probably for yrs. and was like yours. I had to have flooring replaced and it cost around 3000. I hope your outcome is better. It made us sick at the time.