Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
Frank NCenFL

Lake City, Florida

Th following article appears in the Lake City newspaper today. Don't think about stopping to rest at Walmart.

http://www.lakecityreporter.com/arti...3943512003.txt
Frank NCenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
antiqfreq

I think it is a shame with a city has such a law but having said that I used to go to the Gatornationals NHRA event every March and people travel as far as Lake City and farther to get a hotel room or a RV site. So, it does not surprise me that the businesses in that area do not want revenue that could be theirs going to the free-parking at Walmart.
I, ocasionally, do use Walmart when I need 3-4 hours or sleep and then hit the road again - but I usually call ahead to see IF they allow parking or not.
Most do - thanks goodness !

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #3
Flyguy

Interesting that the people who are on the board also own the campgrounds. If this is what they want then there should be a bill introduced which regulates the fees that the campgrounds can charge!
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
Frank NCenFL

I am not a Walmart camper. I have napped in a Walmart parking lot (so by Lake City's definition maybe I am a Walmart camper) while my wife shopped. Twice I have disconnected and bought fuel because I did not feel I could negotiate the pumps while pulling the 5er and one of those Walmarts did not sell diesel so I actually had to leave the premises (my wife was in shopping). You cannot pull a camper through the fuel pumps at the closest Walmart to me (Starke). In fact I can barely get my truck through that maze and I won't even try if it is crowded.
Frank NCenFL is offline   Reply With Quote