Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
taz1967

RiverCamp USA, Piney Creek, NC

We just got back from that and would not reccomend it to anyone. The location is great, right by the New River but the following items were not good:

- The management was bad. The older lady checking us in was rude. The first thing out of her mouth was "Yall are blocking the drive!" even though we were not.
- The Older guy seemed half-lit most of the time and very abrasive.
- The power went out on us quite a few times on the first day.
- We had to share a water source with 2 other spots through a hose spliter which cause low pressure.
- Just to name a few things.

Just a head up for you folks.

Jim Hartsell
Bolivia, NC
taz1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Jim W

I would post this on RV Park Reviews also, here is the web site. This is where I look for reviews of parks and camp grounds.
http://www.campgroundreviews.com/

Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
taz1967

Thanks

Thanks Jim for the link. I submitted the review. I hope the camp management can get a handle on things. It COULD be a really nice place.

Jim
taz1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
JustHannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz1967 View Post
Thanks Jim for the link. I submitted the review. I hope the camp management can get a handle on things. It COULD be a really nice place.

Jim

I have been to the campground many times and Never one I post a bad review ..I think sometimes Jim Hartsell that comments also have 2 sides. Yes I will agree the older lady can be very rude but please know more things about people and build nice comments dont you think so,,
JustHannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
ewkearns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHannah View Post
I have been to the campground many times and Never one I post a bad review ..I think sometimes Jim Hartsell that comments also have 2 sides. Yes I will agree the older lady can be very rude but please know more things about people and build nice comments dont you think so,,
I don't really comprehend your response. I think Jim made a honest and valuable response, based on his recent experience. We are looking for a campsite in the general area and Jim's experience was valuable to us.

While it is nice to find the best in people and situations.... I didn't hear any refutation that:

- The older lady checking us in was rude.
- The Older guy seemed half-lit most of the time and very abrasive.
- The power went out on us quite a few times on the first day.
- We had to share a water source with 2 other spots through a hose spliter which cause low pressure.

And in fact, item one was confirmed.

Taken as a whole, that doesn't make for a good stay and, IMHO, should have involved some discount on the behalf of the park owners, to maintain good public relations and ensure that the campers were charged commensurate with the properly functioning amenities.

Since I was unfamiliar with this park, I did a bit of research and found that Jim was very kind in his remarks, compared to some other campers....
2005 20' Angler CC
2005 17' G3 CC
ewkearns is offline   Reply With Quote