Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
fasterem

something I found odd on my "2013" springdale

after looking it over I went to the sticker on the back that has all the weights and stuff, I looked at it and there is a build date on there, and it reads 02-23-12, and delivery 04-24-12, not that it really matters but thought that was aweful early to be concidered and title a 2013, but I guess they have to start building the new 13s at somepoint LOL
fasterem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
x96mnn

The Camper world does seem to be a bit ahead of itself and I was told this early model branding really jumped in 2011 with models being labelled a year newer 6 months earlier then they had done so in the past.

I was told this was driven by Monoco who bought out a company RVison in 2009 who was going bankrupt and as part of the buyout would not honour any warranty on any RVison made before the buy out. Well a production line was in full swing producing 2010 models and they decided to start calling anything that was on the lot or produced by the plant after the purchase by Monoco a 2011 in order to identify a pre purchase RVison and a post purchase RVison.

This pushed a bunch of RVison campers to the market in late 2009 and very early 2010 that were branded and sold as 2011 which actually worked as a competitive advantage over other brands that were being sold as 2010's pushing other manufacturers to do the same.

Not sure if this is true, I can state the buy out and the change in branding of the RVision is true and fact. I had always just thought that the season played the part in pushing up the model year as your April through June are the busier months and manufactures would want to have a chance to hit the start of that plus be able to move leftovers in the same period the following year with out a two year model difference.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 AM   #3
SAD
Permanent User Ban

We bought a 2008 Weekend Warrior (ick) in March or May 2008 - can't remember exactly which month. But it was about 3/4 of a year before the actual date.

On the flip side, We bought our 2012 Avalanche in March 2012. It had a 12/2011 build date and a Feb 2012 delivery date to the dealer.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote