Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2022, 08:53 AM   #1
Lmckim

Greywater questions

I have a 2022 passport GT series 2870rl. And I’m trying to figure out the greytank situation. I’m showing 2 tanks one is full the other 1/3 full. Are these tanks separate for kitchen and bath or will one flow to the other till both show full? On drivers side i have one dump line with both grey and black handles and a bit further back I have one dump line with black handle. I’m a bit confused being first time camper owner
Lmckim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:11 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! You will have 2 grey tanks and one black tank. The 2 by your main dump line will be for the black water (should be black handle) and the bathroom shower and sink (grey handle). The other handle will be for the kitchen grey tank that holds the water from the kitchen sink.

Using the little monitor lights is iffy at best as they are historically inaccurate in most cases. I dump black first, kitchen then bath grey tanks. Wait until they are almost full, particularly the black tank, so that there is plenty of water to push out the contents. You dump it first followed by the others so the black tank contents aren't just sitting in the line "percolating (smelling)" until the next dump. Don't leave the dump valves open as that will cause you further problems.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:14 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

If you have 3 dump handles then you have 3 tanks. Don’t trust that the black tank is black handle and gray is gray handle.

Black tank will have a 3” valve and gray tanks usually have 1 1/2” valves. The two gray tanks will be separate but may dump out the same termination point.

Your selling dealer should have explained it to you when you picked it up.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water