Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2022, 06:32 PM   #21
xrated

I used the Anderson levelers and the LevelMate Pro when I had my previous trailer......those items make leveling almost like cheating. My new trailer has the Lippert 6 point hydraulic leveling which is automatic, which makes leveling even easier than the Andersons and the levelmate pro.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:35 PM   #22
sierraman68

I moved from using blocks to using the Anderson Levelers and the Anderson Levelers make things so much easier. If you go with Anderson do yourself a favor and buy the rubber pads (fairly inexpensive) that they sell to go under the levelers. These rubber pads keep the levelers from slipping on gravel or sand ... game changer!

Terry
Old 04-27-2022, 11:10 AM   #23
Dan.in.Seattle

Made my Decision

Thanks to all who responded. After reading all the positive reply's about the Anderson Levelers and LevelMate Pro, I decided to bite the bullet and ordered them this morning. I'll let you know how things work out

Recreational RV'ers
Keystone Springdale 179QWBE
2003 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 w/Tow Package
Dan.in.Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 01:08 PM   #24
Wheelman0

Anderson levelers

Hello, when we bought our camper used, the last people left their Anderson levelers in trailer. We love how it makes the setup really quick and very precise(our doors almost never swing after setup). The only time I have found our levelers slip is when we are in very loose gravel. What I did to fix it is after I find where I’m parking the trailer I place a long 6’x1’x1/4” piece of plywood with sandpaper glued to it, under where the tires are going to be. And drive the trailer right onto it. It’s all made from materials I had laying in my garage.
Wheelman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 04:34 PM   #25
Flynntom

We use the Beech Lane levelers and Level Mate Pro. Works like a charm. It only takes a few minutes, we just turn on the Level Mate Pro.... back in to the site and see where to put the Beech Lane's, level up and have a cold beer, perfect........ Have not had any trouble with them sliding, however, have used 1/2" plywood as a base when site is loose gravel or wet soggy grass.
Flynntom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 04:42 PM   #26
NH_Bulldog

We bought the LevelMate Pro and a set of Beech Lane leveling chocks (same as the Andersons except black). My set came with the rubber pads, but I have used them more to keep my knees dry on wet ground than I have ever used as intended. The LevelMate is always on (in sleep mode until I open the app), so I just back into site, check the app, ask DW to place the chocks on whatever side they are needed and then look at the screen as I back up. Level side to side. Done.

Anyway, we love the setup and our marriage is better than before the leveling chocks lol.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 08:46 PM   #27
Dan.in.Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman0 View Post
Hello, when we bought our camper used, the last people left their Anderson levelers in trailer. We love how it makes the setup really quick and very precise(our doors almost never swing after setup). The only time I have found our levelers slip is when we are in very loose gravel. What I did to fix it is after I find where I’m parking the trailer I place a long 6’x1’x1/4” piece of plywood with sandpaper glued to it, under where the tires are going to be. And drive the trailer right onto it. It’s all made from materials I had laying in my garage.

Hey, thanks for the great tip! I just received mine today. Haven't had time to check them out yet

Recreational RV'ers
Old 05-01-2022, 08:47 PM   #28
Dan.in.Seattle

Thanks for the help!

Recreational RV'ers
Old 05-01-2022, 08:51 PM   #29
Dan.in.Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
We bought the LevelMate Pro and a set of Beech Lane leveling chocks (same as the Andersons except black). My set came with the rubber pads, but I have used them more to keep my knees dry on wet ground than I have ever used as intended. The LevelMate is always on (in sleep mode until I open the app), so I just back into site, check the app, ask DW to place the chocks on whatever side they are needed and then look at the screen as I back up. Level side to side. Done.

Anyway, we love the setup and our marriage is better than before the leveling chocks lol.

Thanks for the advice. Now I just have to train the DW how to place chocks and I'll be good to go!

Recreational RV'ers
Old 05-02-2022, 11:14 AM   #30
whholder

Don't leave home without them

I use both the Anderson and the levelmate. Reduces setup time, less stress. Wouldn't go camping without out them. And and as mentioned earlier, good for marital relations.
whholder is offline   Reply With Quote