Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2021, 02:47 PM   #21
LHaven

We've had a beige Petstep ramp for about 15 years (think we found it at a yard sale). Our dogs don't have problems with trailer steps, but when they are in need of a vet trip or are getting really old, they stop being able to navigate the big leap into the F-250. (It's also useful when we have to transport other people's dogs who have no idea how to do that.) We like the polymer construction because it's tough and won't ding like aluminum. But it's not narrow by any means (I don't think the dogs would use it if it were) and won't leave any steps available for you. You might be able to use it yourselves, as it supports up to 500 lbs, though lawyer-talk in the ad says "animal use only."
Old 09-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #22
Fourbtgait

When our lab had an issue with her front shoulder, we bought a WeatherTech ramp. Comes in 3 pieces, lower ramp, middle “landing” snd upper ramp. Used for truck, home, trailer. Took about 10 minutes to train her to use. Strong enough o can use it.
Bulky though.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:47 PM   #23
vampress_me

This may be a stupid idea, but I’m going to throw it out there. Any chance going to 5 steps instead of the 4 steps would make it easier for pup? When we replaced the 4 step solid steps on our new Paradigm with the 5 step Glowstep revolution steps, DH, who has Parkinson’s, commented that the 5 steps are easier for him to get up than the 4 steps were previously. He says it’s because the rise of each step is smaller so he doesn’t have to lift his foot/leg as high which can be difficult to do.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:45 AM   #24
KarenK

Used a 2 section telescoping dog ramp for the truck and camper when my 50# girl had her leg surgery. Also built one for our front porch (4 large wide steps), outdoor carpet runner gives enough traction. She was afraid of it at first but with a lease and coaxing she got used it. The store bought ones stress dog use only, not for humans. Will look for photos.
Past
2006 Springdale 280 FWIKL-GL
1997 Jayco 253
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote