Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2021, 08:21 AM   #1
saintguardian

2021 keystone outback 328rl Switching Grey waste

*Edit* He broke off the end of the connection for grey tank 2. He needs a way to make everything go to tank 1.

Please be aware that I do not own this and I'm asking for my cousin. So all my information is given to me through him.

Yesterday, he damaged his grey valve on one of his tanks. He did not specify which one or how badly damaged it was. As such, he's worried that the grey tank won't drain or work properly. He's going to get it fixed but they won't look at his RV until the 27th.

So my question is, is there a way to have all the grey water (sink, bathroom, etc) go to one tank? If so, how would he do that? The year and model are in the title. I read through the manual that is online but that gave vague hints it could but not how. I already told him to look at his manual.

Thank you very much for your help. I tried to google the solution but everything came up with no solution. Maybe my google-fu has gone downhill over the months of not searching. So if the solution has already been done, please link it.

I appreciate any solution so my cousin doesn't have to spring for a hotel/motel. Thank you in advance.
saintguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:32 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

How is the valve damaged? Will it not open, not close, broke off? Makes a lot of difference. If the valve is "damaged" and cannot be opened there's not a lot he can do.

Edit: Welcome to the forum!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:04 PM   #3
saintguardian

He broke off the end of the connection for grey tank 2. He needs a way to make everything go to tank 1. no valves were damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
How is the valve damaged? Will it not open, not close, broke off? Makes a lot of difference. If the valve is "damaged" and cannot be opened there's not a lot he can do.

Edit: Welcome to the forum!
saintguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If the termination fitting was broken ( the end with the 4 tabs) if there is ANY amount of pipe left just have him glue a new one on. Its 3" ABS

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:45 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Not trying to be difficult but broke off what "connection" to the gray tank? In the first post it was a valve that was might keep it from draining...that's one thing. A "connection" is a different matter. Is it a gray tank that has a separate drain from the other gray tank? The "connection" that you connect the hose to? There are the connections to the top of the tank that whatever is plumbed to so they drain into the tank. There is the "connection" to drain the tank and a connection for the bayonet end of the drain hose to attach to. What are we talking about?

If the trailer is plumbed into 2 different gray tanks and they both have their own "dumps" to connect to a hose and he has broken that end connection he needs to fix it. To get what is draining into tank a to drain to tank b you need to replumb the trailer. If it is the "connection" on the utility side he should be able to fix that.

Edit: Looks like Chuck and I were typing at the same time. He said the same thing in a lot less words.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 03:27 PM   #6
ajlight

Used to have that model and they are 2 separate tanks with no way to combine them. One for the kitchen and one for the bathroom.
Old 05-18-2021, 12:45 PM   #7
Brando

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlight View Post
Used to have that model and they are 2 separate tanks with no way to combine them. One for the kitchen and one for the bathroom.
Correct. I have an Outback. Tanks are all separate. You cannot have one drain system switch which tank it wants to use. Unless you really want to do some fancy siphoning that's probably more trouble than it's worth.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, outback