Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2021, 07:16 AM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit59 View Post
Ive been down this road before, but dont remember which way to go. My slide (dinette) tripped out half way out. Gave it a long while for auto reset breaker. Still wont work, but, if I hook up vehicle to trailer, it works. Is it an auto reset breaker or something on electric panel? Which auto reset breaker, 50 amp or 30 amp? Do they go bad and can they be opened and serviced? Clean contacts etc... I just installed 2 6 volt , series, gc batteries. I show 13.7 volts on Icommand, but that could be from charge circuit. I sure hope these batteries arent bad sitting on the shelf at B.J.'s. Give me your opinions please where to go from here. Thanks in advance.

Tom
I have to go back to the beggining. The problem happened when you changed batteries.
The older I get the less I belevie in coincidences. I also don't "assume" every thing I purchase will be 100% until verified. Go back to what changed and check everything. Check the batteries and the connections that you made or changed. It still doesn't make sense to me that it works if pluged into the truck but not on shore power. The auto reset circuit breaker should be last thing in line from the power source to the switch (or motor if it goes thru a relay).
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:47 AM   #22
bigrockk

Since you have in-command, have you tried to operate the slide on manual control from the Body control module? Doing so might give you a good starting place to check things out.

While you are at the Body control module "gently" check all the wiring for tightness and make sure none of the relays are loose.
The wiring diagram for the BCM is readily available online and a lot of checks can be easily done from there if you are comfortable with that?

Also as a side note I believe all of the relays are the same and can be swapped for easy testing.
bigrockk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:06 AM   #23
drycamper

I'm no electrical guy, but I went through this issue while out on a trip. Ended up jumping the "re setting fuses" by the batteries. They had been compromised by corrosion.
drycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #24
Gumby52

Tom-
Not to send you down another rabbit hole (no pun intended) but I've got a 2018 22RBS. This year when de-winterizing it, put the battery back in, full charge, hooked up to shore power. The slide started and died halfway out. Waited for the breakers to reset, and it did the same thing. My stabilizer jacks did the same thing. Was reading 13.7 v at the panel. Disconnected shore power, still 13.7 volts, lights on - saw a slow drain.

Plugged back into shore power and connected to tow vehicle, slide out and jacks worked fine. So now I had to find the bad connection from the battery. The 2 thermal breakers located on the a-frame by the battery - couldn't see them clearly because of the oh so thoughtful way Keystone mounted them, but I disconnected all the contacts soaked them with electrical contact cleaner and works fine now.

Not sure which breaker was dirty cause I couldn't really see them, but the so-called weatherproof covers really aren't. So now this is just another thing to clean regularly. Really thankful though when I think of all the things that could have gone wrong.....

Good Luck
Gary

Gary & Judy
and of course the 2 shelties
2018 Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS
2017 F-250 6.2L
Gumby52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 03:24 PM   #25
notanlines

Tom, be sure to get back with us with the problem/solution. That's how we all learn on this forum.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical