Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2021, 11:48 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
We used a mobile tech near Dallas, named Lee to do warranty repair on our fridge.
Ripped us off, put in used parts, overcharged us and then lied to us about his reporting it to Dometic for warranty. He demanded that we pay up front and give him a good review on Google. In spite of that it took us months to get a written invoice out of him to try to get a refund from Dometic.
We found out why when we presented the invoice to Dometic. He'd charged us about 4 times what Dometic allowed for the repair.
Needless to say, we're now very leery of mobile techs.
A "disclaimer" about this post: This is NOT a warranty claim filed with Keystone, but a "component warranty claim filed with Dometic"....

As for "unscrupulous mobile techs" they are out there, buyer beware !!!!!

There's no issues with the way it's presented by the poster, just a clarification that it's "dealing with Dometic, not dealing with Keystone"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:33 PM   #22
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
A "disclaimer" about this post: This is NOT a warranty claim filed with Keystone, but a "component warranty claim filed with Dometic"....

As for "unscrupulous mobile techs" they are out there, buyer beware !!!!!

There's no issues with the way it's presented by the poster, just a clarification that it's "dealing with Dometic, not dealing with Keystone"....
Quite right John. As the conversation had drifted to the pros and cons about mobile techs, I decided to pass on our experience as a cautionary tale.

It had nothing whatever to do with Keystone, nor Dometic.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:55 PM   #23
jteigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Will Keystone (Laredo) allow you to use a mobile tech for warranty repair and then reimburse you for the cost? I understand Forest River does this, wasn't sure about Keystone. And no, I don't have an issue. Just curious.
The first year we had ours we were on the Alaska Highway and needed repairs in Watson Lake, Yukon. I called Keystone and they told me I needed to get to an authorized shop. I explained where I was and it was basically too bad. Called a mobile repair guy and just paid him knowing we wouldn't get anything back. Thankfully he was awesome and didn't charge much.
jteigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:23 PM   #24
CedarCreekWoody

That seems to be the norm.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote